Not a pure anagram, other letters are also involved.

The usage IS regional, I will remind our readers that there are some places in the world besides Upstate and Downstate.

Your clue about the letters led me to this clue. Am I headed in the right direction:

Then I'll take "What's On a Thorny Bush" for $100 Alex.

IMHO, I think you are on the right track there, Glenn.

We'll have to wait and see Ray. That letters clue was fun and it seems to work in that direction.

I have no idea however what the Peppermint Patty thing's about.

We should have a thing where after the feature is revealed, some of these clues could be explained. Might be interesting.

Edited by gsksun4

I doubt it - he said all but one letter appears in the actual corps' name...

Possibly one of these, from a list that Bob Crawford generated?

SENIOR CORPS

Altoona Mainliners, Amboy Dukes, Archer-Epler Musketeers, Becker-Chapman AL Post #138, Belleville Cardinals, Black Eagles, Blue Notes, Boys of 76, Brockport Grenadiers, Canadian Commanders, Cheverly Cavaliers, Chicago Diplomats, Chicago Royal Airs Alumni, Commonwealth Edison, Cortland Matadors, Crusaders Sr., Duquesne Dukes, Empire State Grenadiers, Empire Statesmen, Erie Cadets, Erie Thunderbirds, Freestatesmen, Gardener Guards, Garfield Cadets Alumni Corps, Gloversville Yellow Jackets, Grey Knight Crusaders, Hamilton Viscounts, Hanover Lancers, Hanover Lancers Alumni, Harvey Seed's Rebels, Hawthorne Caballeros, Interstatesmen (Troy, NY), Interstatesmen (Pittsfield, MA) , Joaquin Caballeros, Jolly Jesters, Keesler A.F.B. Blue Knights, Kentucky Colonels, Kilties Senior Corps, Latrobe Colonials, Les Diplomates, Marching Ambassadors , Marion Cavaliers, Massachusetts Legends of Drum Corps, Memorial Lancers, Men of Brass. Midshipmen, New Bedford Whalers, Pittsburgh Rockets, Presidents, Preston Scout House, Privateers, Red Devils, Red Raiders, Rochester Crusaders, Royalaires Seniors, Santa Clara Alumni, Scott AFB Jetnotes, Sharpsburg Cadets, Skokie Indians, Southern Tier Vagabonds, Spirit of '76, Steel City Ambassadors, Syracuse Brigadiers, Southern Tier Vagabonds, Syracuse Brigadiers, Toronto Signals, Townson Raiders, Tyrone Guards, US Air Force Academy, US Marines, US Naval Academy, USAF Drum and Bugle Corps, Westmoreland Esquires, Westshoremen, White Roses, Yankee Rebels, Yankee Rebels Alumni.

JUNIOR CORPS

1st Canadian Regiment, 2nd Signals, 76ers, Alouette, Anaheim Kingsmen, Andrew Johnson Presidents, Angels, Angels of Ohio, Argonne Rebels, Arnprior Lions, Auburn Purple Lancers, Bleu Raeders, Blue Devils, Blue Notes, Blue Saints, Blue Star Cadets, Bluecoats, Cambria Cadets, Canadaires, Cavaliers (MD), Chevaliers, Colts, Commodores, DeLaSalle Oaklands, Diplomat Juniors, Dundalk Cadets, Dutch Boy, Emerald Cadets, Emerald Knights (NY), Florida Vanguards, Garfield Cadets, General Butler Vagabonds, Gladiateurs de Montreal, Grenadiers of Broome County, Imperial Dragons, Kankakee Blackhawks, Kenwood Cadets, Kiltie Kadets, Kingsmen (NY), Lancers (DC), Lancers (MD), Les Cadets, Little Flower, The Men of Brass, Menonimee Northernaires, Millstadt Crusaders, New Orleans Cadets, New York Lancers, Nisei Ambassadors, Norwood Park Imperials, Oakland Crusaders, Ottawa Cadet (ONT), Pinole Princemen, Police Boys and Girls Club (DC), Racine Scouts, Rebel Devils, Royal Airs, Royalaires (MI), Royal Lancers, Santa Clara Vanguard, Seneca Optimists, Shamrocks, Sharpsburg Cadets, Silhouettes, Southwind, Spartans (IL), Squires of Ontario, St. Joseph's of Batavia, Stardusters, Starlighters, Toronto Optimists, Vaqueros, Velvet Knights, Velvet Viking Cadets, VIPs, Virginia Lancers, Washington Royal Sabers, Weimei, White Knights, Wynn Center Toppers, York White Roses.

So, any guesses?

Edited by Vanguard Rich

The White Rats had a significant bunch of flags that didn't match their uniform colors.

The corps who called them White Rats also had some similar flags. But they didn't know where the White Rats name originated.

I suspect the nick came from still another corps that had a couple of these somewhat rare flags. And they were not an Upstate corps.

The White Rats had a significant bunch of flags that didn't match their uniform colors.

The corps who called them White Rats also had some similar flags. But they didn't know where the White Rats name originated.

I suspect the nick came from still another corps that had a couple of these somewhat rare flags. And they were not an Upstate corps.

Are these rare flags championship flags as in American Legion or VFW?

Man, this is getting deep.

Are these rare flags championship flags as in American Legion or VFW?

Man, this is getting deep.

if they are championship flags then i might know who the white rats may be. but then again maybe not.

We'll have to wait and see Ray. That letters clue was fun and it seems to work in that direction.

I have no idea however what the Peppermint Patty thing's about.

We should have a thing where after the feature is revealed, some of these clues could be explained. Might be interesting.

Peppermint patty? Well, Hershey has something to do with it. :satisfied: