Mar.............?

Say it already - along with the other two ... looks like you figured out the White Rats ... though I have no clue on what that was all about ...

:-)

I don't think it's White Roses...but, I've been wrong before.

Time for some:

41Q8XZS6S5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Okay: Peppermint patty> Hershey> not the corps, the company> YORK. York Peppermint patty, made by the Hershey chocolate company. :satisfied: York White Roses. That's my guess.

:doh: I missed that one.....

We're getting into WAG territory here, so I'll put an end to this rodential topic. Truman wrote for scads of corps, including the HAWTHoRnE cAbAllERoS. I even once saw him marching as a DM, although it may have been a cameo appearence.

"White Rats" was a term used for the Cabs, by older members of the Boys of 76.

But my thorough research [conducted mostly in the Cabs Alumni's bar at recent DCAs] has failed to find any greasy sombrero-wearers who knew they were once called the White Rats.

Also, none of the '76 alumni know the origin of the name. I suspect it was coined in the 50s by the Skokie Indians.

The Cabs, '76, and Skokie all have won multiple orange championship flags from the American Legion.

We're getting into WAG territory here, so I'll put an end to this rodential topic. Truman wrote for scads of corps, including the HAWTHoRnE cAbAllERoS. I even once saw him marching as a DM, although it may have been a cameo appearence.

"White Rats" was a term used for the Cabs, by older members of the Boys of 76.

But my thorough research [conducted mostly in the Cabs Alumni's bar at recent DCAs] has failed to find any greasy sombrero-wearers who knew they were once called the White Rats.

Also, none of the '76 alumni know the origin of the name. I suspect it was coined in the 50s by the Skokie Indians.

The Cabs, '76, and Skokie all have won multiple orange championship flags from the American Legion.

although i didn't try to guess when you talked about the flags and some other thigs i know about the old cabs i thought it might be them. now that was a cool guess who. we need more of those. :thumbup:

Say it already - along with the other two ... looks like you figured out the White Rats ... though I have no clue on what that was all about ...

I'm not sure if it's Marraffa or Marotta. Gene Marraffa or Gene Marotta?

Think there was a guy in Sun with a name similar.

On the left I believe is Jack Papa, the Barber of Jamestown and on the right I believe is his buddy Joe Chizek. Two good sops from upstate NY who never missed a note, or a good brawl.

Edited by gsksun4

I'm not sure if it's Marraffa or Marotta. Gene Marraffa or Gene Marotta?

Think there was a guy in Sun with a name similar.

Were you (are you) thinking of Raffaela "Ralph" Marraffa? (1961-1964 2nd Bari, 2010-2011 Sunrisers Reunion Corps Bari)