I don't remember but is that Vic Kulinski on timp under old #7?

BTW - not my favorite pic of not my favorite day, but c'est le vie...

No not me in 79/ I was on snare. That was Tommy Tymp.. I took the tymp spot for awhile in 80, then became asst DM when some Hurc vets came in and we had the last of the marching timps, (except during Swing,Swing,Swing) then Tommy came back in 81

But #7 did ok for himself up there.... he helped me with some DM tips and getting control .... and was a HUGE help and support in my struggle to revive and keep the Hurricanes afloat in the mid- late 80's, and for that I was always thankful!

He was someone I could fall on when needed to get me to keep pushing and was a ray of hope when no one else wanted to teach the corps !!!

Edited by hurcwave
  • Like 1

He was someone I could Fall On when needed to get me to keep pushing and was a ray of hope when no one else wanted to teach the corps !!!

I see what you did there. :tongue:

• Like 2

I see what you did there. tongue.gif

lookaround.gifhuh2.gifdevil.gif

i just want to let you all know tom peashey is going in for some cosmetic surgery today. he lost so much weight that he has to have the excess skin removed from his butt. it's been giving him a lot of pain when he sit's. so he'll be in rochester general for a few day's. let's offer some prayer's that nothing goes wrong. he does have a bleeding problem.

on another note a long time rochester great joe kraft has gone into hospice and it will only be a short time till he passes. he was in the great color guards of bob ( kinky " ashton. his last year with cru was 1969 but he was a local judge and instructor for many years. he is an old friend of mine and i will miss him greatly. prayers for his wonderful family.

i just want to let you all know tom peashey is going in for some cosmetic surgery today. he lost so much weight that he has to have the excess skin removed from his butt. it's been giving him a lot of pain when he sit's. so he'll be in rochester general for a few day's. let's offer some prayer's that nothing goes wrong. he does have a bleeding problem.

on another note a long time rochester great joe kraft has gone into hospice and it will only be a short time till he passes. he was in the great color guards of bob ( kinky " ashton. his last year with cru was 1969 but he was a local judge and instructor for many years. he is an old friend of mine and i will miss him greatly. prayers for his wonderful family.

Thanks for the info, Don. I will keep both of them in my thoughts and prayers. Very sorry to hear about your old friend.

Thanks for the info, Don. I will keep both of them in my thoughts and prayers. Very sorry to hear about your old friend.

Same here, never met Joe Kraft but my mother-in-law went thru this about the same time last year. Hospice can make things easier but it is never a pleasant time.

As for Tom P, best of wishes to him. Must be a GW thing has had my scheduled "butt check" yesterday (or as my dad calls it - "Roto Rotor" :rolleyes: ). Hope his procedure goes as well.

Same here, never met Joe Kraft but my mother-in-law went thru this about the same time last year. Hospice can make things easier but it is never a pleasant time.

As for Tom P, best of wishes to him. Must be a GW thing has had my scheduled "butt check" yesterday (or as my dad calls it - "Roto Rotor" rolleyes.gif ). Hope his procedure goes as well.

i've had 5 of those jim. it's a piece of cake.....except for the prep.

i've had 5 of those jim. it's a piece of cake.....except for the prep.

LOL - I heard that.... this was my second go round. This time I tried the two step process. Second step had to be started at 3AM which looking back was just too funny for words..... "OMG I'm up this early and not even going to a parade!!".

Funny part yesterday was when the doc walked in to start and said "same as last time" and I said "nah, you're on time now". Last time the cops in his area was looking for a crook and had a traffic checkpoint. Then he got caught in Harrisburg rush hour. Still remember the head nurses cell phone going off and she got this "If that's my kid, I'll kill him look". Then she's asking the person on the other end "Are you at the bridge yet? Well.... we're all ready.... when you get here you get here". Then she hangs up and tells me "that was the doctor, do you want to be wheeled in to the exam room to check out the electronics?". (She knew I worked IT.)

This time he told me about getting a 2AM call to go to a local hospital. He hops on the interstate and has to go about 2 or 3 exists away. Just before his exit there is a state police cruiser blocking the highway. Turns out there was a wreck and they were waiting for the helicopter to come in to land.

Yeah I have weird times with doctors and outpatient surgey. Had a hernia repaired and went in for the follow up. Doc has been around for a while (his name is part of the groups name) acted bored (or ready for lunch) and asked if I had any questions.

"Yeah I play a big horn in a music group and have to take in big gutfulls of air when we do parades. Think I'm OK now to start up again?"

Guys eyes just lit up and got the feeling he was thinking "OMG after all these years... something NEW".

... had to wait a few more weeks..... :ph34r:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

81-55RayFallon_zps52decf00.jpg

Here's a pic of #7 from 1981 without the foliage!.....He'd prodded the hornline, by agreeing to shave, in exchange for a high horn trophy....he got the trophy and we got to see, for a brief period, what he actually looked like!

And no, that's not Vic on tymp....he played snare in 79'.....does that refresh your memory any?smile.gif

Sorry Fish..... I forgot to explain the part where you need to change the file name before uploading the photos.... (So everyone would not be able to find out who this is by just checking the name you gave the photo... shutup.gif)

Cool...I hope someone finds pictures...like I said earlier...the 80's were extremely foggy rolleyes.gif

And so are the photos from that era.... (primary for the same reason I would guess.. tongue.gif)

• Like 1