I sort of like that "he took jobs when no one else wanted them..."

You can add that to your speech !

thumbup.gif

There 's always those pesky details!

shutup.gif

that #7 guy....I think it was 83. Hanging with Dad at age 14 on DCA weekend ( never good), and we go visit Archie at the GW Motor Lodge in Allentown. Find #7 sitting in Toomey's room, always a scary thought, flanked by guys like Ed Otto and Bobby Carney RIP.

Somehow dci videos end up on the tv, and Otto is conducting corps with his feet,and #7 is telling him he should do it that instead of standing up on the podium...his pattern was easier to read. Thatand he was harrassing Carney about being so ###### short that he needed a box to stand on so people could see him when he played his solo in Sparkles.'

oh...lol...and making fun of Debbie Toomey for stepping on her flag, and getting a black eye when the pole hit her in the face

Couldn't be '83 - old #7 had been fired well before Allentown. Pretty funny story that I won't relay here - one of his more colorful firings... and there were many.

Loved Bobby Carney - kid had no height but he made it up in heart. Just a great great guy. Ask Cossetti.

Eddie Otto? Can't picture telling him how to conduct. #7 spent most time trying to get him to get rid of the mace. If you couldn't be George why carry the #### thing? Ed became a fine band director and has inspired countless kids to go on into music since then. His sister was (probably still is) an amazing dancer.

Debby Toomey? Another solid gold kid - Bill too.

Man - some good times in the past few decades, huh?

I'm guessing it was '82, or maybe '81 at the GW Lodge not in Allentown but up 611 by Willow Grove or somewhere... or was that where the Hurcs stayed for 81? I get so confused. That weekend wore me out - won DCA, and also missed finals by .05 to the Lake Area Regionaires, a good group - but one I'd never previously heard of.

The Agony and the Ecstasy!

Couldn't be '83 - old #7 had been fired well before Allentown. Pretty funny story that I won't relay here - one of his more colorful firings... and there were many.

Loved Bobby Carney - kid had no height but he made it up in heart. Just a great great guy. Ask Cossetti.

Eddie Otto? Can't picture telling him how to conduct. #7 spent most time trying to get him to get rid of the mace. If you couldn't be George why carry the #### thing? Ed became a fine band director and has inspired countless kids to go on into music since then. His sister was (probably still is) an amazing dancer.

Debby Toomey? Another solid gold kid - Bill too.

Man - some good times in the past few decades, huh?

I'm guessing it was '82, or maybe '81 at the GW Lodge not in Allentown but up 611 by Willow Grove or somewhere... or was that where the Hurcs stayed for 81? I get so confused. That weekend wore me out - won DCA, and also missed finals by .05 to the Lake Area Regionaires, a good group - but one I'd never previously heard of.

The Agony and the Ecstasy!

must have been 82.....it was the George Washington, now a Home Depot. had a blast staying there in 89 and 90 with Westshore. Shore was across 22 in whatever it was then, but after 84, we were asked not to return.

until 97. Then, Um, never again.

yeah Ray, Wally has tons of stories about you from when he'd go visit Archie with the Toomeys, especially if Barney came along

LOL - Debby Toomey? Never hear of her :devil:

Graduated High School with her and her catch phrase when you PO'ed her was "Poof" with a hand gesture. Finally asked her what that meant and she said full saying was "Poof.... you're a pile a ####".

And of course Barney caught me at Inner Harbor Baltimore years after I saw him last. We're walking around and guy comes up to me and starts yelling "Oh, just walk by me without saying hi you #####". Try to explain I don't know him and get "That's right pretend you don't know me you ### ### #####". Then I see Bill and Deb in the back and I think... "if that's Bill and Deb then this must be....". "Oh Hi Barney, didn't recognize you with the hat and shades".

Response was : "Got your ### good didn't I".

Scarey part was it was Kris' first real experience with corps people and she still likes talking to Bill. Well Bill did ask her at Prelims if she knew I was full of ####. She was laughing too hard to answer.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

One @ a time, please... Left to Right: Guess Who # 485 ?

(click on pic to enlarge)

One at a time, please...Left to Right:

1. Mark Plotts - Westshoremen

2. Jimmy Russo - Caballeros

3. Andy Gargano - Sunrisers

4. John Macri - Sunrisers

5. George Parks - Buccaneers

6. Gary Ferris - Crusaders

7. ?? ??

must have been 82.....it was the George Washington, now a Home Depot. had a blast staying there in 89 and 90 with Westshore. Shore was across 22 in whatever it was then, but after 84, we were asked not to return.

until 97. Then, Um, never again.

yeah Ray, Wally has tons of stories about you from when he'd go visit Archie with the Toomeys, especially if Barney came along

I've found the stories from those times to be enormously exaggerated.

Either that or I was the biggest ######## in the entire Galaxy!

#7? George Clooney? is that correct?

#7? George Clooney? is that correct?

Clooney DM'd with Sun, Hurcs and Archie? blink.gif

heh

Clooney DM'd with Sun, Hurcs and Archie? blink.gif

heh

Yeah ... Rosemary ... not George ... don't let the beard fool ya ...

:innocent: