Some of Tim's Double "A"'s could have put the Blue Devils lead line to shame!

CONGRATULATIONS Frank!!! Most deserving my friend!!

World Drum Corps Hall of Fame
www.worlddrumcorpshof.org/news.htm

April 29, 2014
The World Drum Corps Hall of Fame announces the Class of 2014
Since 1976 The World Drum Corps Hall of Fame has honored individuals who have contributed significantly to the drum and bugle corps activity. Please welcome and congratulate these newest members who will be inducted on Friday evening August 29th in Rochester, New York.
Pete Emmons
It is next to impossible to overstate the influence Pete Emmons has had on the visual aspect of drum corps. Garfield's "Peace Sign", Vanguard's "Bottle Dance", the concept that drill could be asymmetrical, all came from the imagination of Pete. Since 1988 and to this day Pete Emmons has been an important part of the Blue Devil's organization. Pete was previously inducted into the DCI Hall of Fame.
Frank Ponzo
When people talk of a soloist who can fill a stadium the name Frank Ponzo will always be prevalent. Frank's career as a soloist spans more than three decades and includes The Sunrisers, Caballeros, Caballero Alumni and the Golden Eagles. His teaching career is equally impressive. Of those who have had the privilege of working with Frank, the phrase 'team player' is common. Frank was previously inducted into the Buglers Hall of Fame.
Scott Stewart
For more than three decades the name Scott Stewart was synonymous with the Madison Scouts. He joined The Scouts as a baritone player in 1968 then went on to become a staff member and eventually Corps Director, a position he held for more than twenty years. Under his directorship the Madison Drum Corps Association sponsored three drum and bugle corps and was a beacon for fiscal responsibility. Scott was previously inducted into the DCI Hall of Fame.
Mark Thurston
Be it Junior Corps, Senior Corps or Indoor Percussion, Mark Thurston has enjoyed tremendous success. The Crossmen, Spirit of Atlanta, Westshoremen and Buccaneers have all benefited from his teaching and writing skills. In 1999 WGI named Mark as their Director of Percussion, a position he holds today. Mark was previously inducted into the WGI Percussion Hall of Fame.
Robert Vitti
Spanning more than 30 years Bob Vitti's instructional history has taken him from The Sky Riders of Hutchinson, Kansas to The Skyliners of New York City to the 5 time DCA World Champion Brigadiers of Syracuse, New York. Those that know Bob well speak highly of his ability to infuse excitement and enthusiasm in his teaching both in drum corps and as an educator.
Robert Zazzara
Certainly an accomplished and highly respected brass arranger and instructor in the drum and bugle corps arena, Bob Zazzara's significant influence has been felt throughout not only drum corps but in education and adjudication. Bob earned his Bachelor's Degree as a trumpet major but then went on to a Master’s Degree in vocal music. Bob's talent was and is recognized by virtually every adjudication association from DCA to DCI.
  • Like 2

Thanx! I saw a couple of submissions... I just can't get to them just yet. I'll check them out as soon as I can.

I'm sorry folks... I'm a bit overwhelmed here lately. Hang in there.

No problem.

Do what you need to do. We'll be here. LOL.

No problem.

we are always here.

Please Read Before You Post
If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)
If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.
When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.
Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:
The *Guess Who* Mailbox
Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..
Guess Who the Corps and year # 519 ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30432143@N00/14087394971/

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

Guess Who the Corps and year # 519 ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30432143@N00/14087394971/

looks swiss.

I think there's a skip in your LP

maybe

Heartfelt congratulations to Frank Ponzo, one of the folks that have continued the legacy of the great DCA soprano (or trumpet depending on your religious and cultural leanings) soloists of the past 50 years.

One of the very few people that can command a stadium with just one bell. In my opinion long overdue for induction, but bottom line, an honor that he deserves as well as anyone ever inducted to any hall of fame.

And of course like so many I'll be in the crowd saying "yeah, I knew him back then... before he was a big star."

• Like 1

No problem.

Not me - I'll be in Orlando for the next few days on business.

• Like 2