Too True - but I haven't seen Jimmy Fallon or Drew Barrymore do a "Fever Pitch" about NYY either. ###### Yankees is not from the past few decades. With good reason.

I think every team should win the World Series every 100 years ... I heard that Bucky F'n Dent has been signed to play the lead role in #### Red Sox ... soon to be way off Broadway ...

:-)

• Like 1

I think every team should win the World Series every 100 years ... I heard that Bucky F'n Dent has been signed to play the lead role in #### Red Sox ... soon to be way off Broadway ...

:-)

I wonder why so many people named Bucky have that same middle name?

I wonder why so many people named Bucky have that same middle name?

That's just about the funniest line yet from a guy who drops clever tidbits constantly.

And yes, it is Emmons, which Ray F guessed a while back, albeit without total conviction.

Pete was going to acting school in NY when I met him at Don Angelica's infamous New Year's Eve soiree in 1970. He was living in Don's garage in North Bergen. My roommate had just moved out so I offered him the spot in my Jackson Heights crash pad. It wasn't much of an upgrade but a much more convenient commute to Manhattan.

Both of us had just started on Garfield's staff.

The photo was taken after Pete had returned to CA. He was the principal character in that play, and is every bit as good an actor as drill designer.

That's just about the funniest line yet from a guy who drops clever tidbits constantly.

And yes, it is Emmons, which Ray F guessed a while back, albeit without total conviction.

Pete was going to acting school in NY when I met him at Don Angelica's infamous New Year's Eve soiree in 1970. He was living in Don's garage in North Bergen. My roommate had just moved out so I offered him the spot in my Jackson Heights crash pad. It wasn't much of an upgrade but a much more convenient commute to Manhattan.

Both of us had just started on Garfield's staff.

The photo was taken after Pete had returned to CA. He was the principal character in that play, and is every bit as good an actor as drill designer.

Emmons was one of those people that made me believe in a mystic quality of "Charisma".

He had it as a drum major, much the same way as Winky, Butch, and Jimmy.

Funny thing is that Ken Soper was a far far far more gifted musician than any of those guys, but apparently lacked the magic "C Word"

But whereas Butch, Jimmy, George, and Winky really played to the crowd, Pete had them in the palm of his hands without as much as smiling on the field. More like Jimmy when he was at St Lucy's I think.

I've never really been able to figure it out, and I've only met a few people in my life that were imbued with that quality - Mr Dorritie has it in bushels - he was a star at the age of about 16 - there were a lot of good players in those days, but he had that extra something.

Obviously Delucia. Sasso (all of them). I've stated that Gene Bennett had such a quiet dignity that it grabbed you. Probably capital C Charisma. Obviously Swan. Hy was incredible, but I was never sure if he had charisma.

Pepe had almost 500 lbs of it.

Hightower. Simpson. Nate (can't think of his last name- contra for Sky in the day).

Baby John. Both Hurleys.

Jackie Murray. (only one from O'Side with Capital C Charisma - I think Cookie had small c charisma).

OK, the Delaney twins had it double. Don't ask.

Probably a whole other thread.

But Emmons, even as an older guy that got a little less "beautiful" still gets that attention.

Geez I left out Angelica, the crown prince of Charisma.

Bernie Baggs Sr (not Jr - very good guy and competent and respected but no charisma - Joan Marie may have gotten his).

OK, sorry... let my mind run wild. Have to go look for it. It hides in tiny spaces.

Like the United Negro College Fund, My mind was a terrible thing to waste.

Emmons was one of those people that made me believe in a mystic quality of "Charisma".

He had it as a drum major, much the same way as Winky, Butch, and Jimmy.

Funny thing is that Ken Soper was a far far far more gifted musician than any of those guys, but apparently lacked the magic "C Word"

But whereas Butch, Jimmy, George, and Winky really played to the crowd, Pete had them in the palm of his hands without as much as smiling on the field. More like Jimmy when he was at St Lucy's I think.

I've never really been able to figure it out, and I've only met a few people in my life that were imbued with that quality - Mr Dorritie has it in bushels - he was a star at the age of about 16 - there were a lot of good players in those days, but he had that extra something.

Obviously Delucia. Sasso (all of them). I've stated that Gene Bennett had such a quiet dignity that it grabbed you. Probably capital C Charisma. Obviously Swan. Hy was incredible, but I was never sure if he had charisma.

Pepe had almost 500 lbs of it.

Hightower. Simpson. Nate (can't think of his last name- contra for Sky in the day).

Baby John. Both Hurleys.

Jackie Murray. (only one from O'Side with Capital C Charisma - I think Cookie had small c charisma).

OK, the Delaney twins had it double. Don't ask.

Probably a whole other thread.

But Emmons, even as an older guy that got a little less "beautiful" still gets that attention.

Geez I left out Angelica, the crown prince of Charisma.

Bernie Baggs Sr (not Jr - very good guy and competent and respected but no charisma - Joan Marie may have gotten his).

OK, sorry... let my mind run wild. Have to go look for it. It hides in tiny spaces.

Like the United Negro College Fund, My mind was a terrible thing to waste.

Did you mean SOL Anthony, Sky contra BITD?

• Like 1

"Pete Emmons":

"Back in the Day" I (Sadly)) never really got to see much of Pete Emmons.

We only saw the Troopers a few times (World Open) in 1964, 65, & 66 and that was about it.

What became of him after he left Santa Clara Vanguard?

Elphaba

Did you mean SOL Anthony, Sky contra BITD?

Uh boy... of course... Nate, Sol... Sol, Nate...

When I forget stuff I really forget it.

Pretty amazing player.

"Pete Emmons":

"Back in the Day" I (Sadly)) never really got to see much of Pete Emmons.

We only saw the Troopers a few times (World Open) in 1964, 65, & 66 and that was about it.

What became of him after he left Santa Clara Vanguard?

Elphaba

Frank could say how long he's been with BD... to me it seems like eons, but everything out there seems like it takes more time.