Waiting to hear some tales of fun and sun from Mr Peashey.

After I come in from shoveling.

Have to be ready for tonight's 3 - 6 " before Saturday's 18" which we'll pile I have no idea where, with 12' - 18' walls of snow on both sides of the driveway.

Ray, investing in a snow blower might be cheaper than deductibles, co-pays and/or the ultimate box. We'd like to have you around a bit longer.

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow..........

Be careful friend.

• Like 1

"Conservatoire du Trompette avec un Valve"

That's where the famous Bibliotheque de Arban houses the world's most extensive collection of triple tonguing passages, including the Martin and Wilkie archives.

It's in the Pavilion de Amerigo Laus, right next to the bronze cast of the Bouche de Pepe.

Oui monsieur!

Ray, investing in a snow blower might be cheaper than deductibles, co-pays and/or the ultimate box. We'd like to have you around a bit longer.

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow..........

Be careful friend.

My wife, Carolyn Lamont - like the Loch Lomond Lamonts - is descended from the Scots - and is the cheapest living human being.

I'm pretty sure that her philosophy is a) keeps me out of the house; b) she doesn't have to shovel it. c) maybe I'll die and things will be quieter. d) She won't have to keep going to drum corps things. She's one of those "Classically trained" musicians with her MMus in Composition from Boston U.

First time I took her to a show she said "that's pretty interesting. Can't those instruments be tuned?" (in this particular case the answer was no, as it was that little senior corps from Easton).

She claims the Blue Devils, the year Kevin or Danny aged out, are the only drum corps brass line she ever heard in tune.

• Like 2

My background is PA German and thrifty/cheap too. Finally broke down (with my Welsh wife kicking my butt) and bought a snow blower few years back. We have a curved corner lot (NEVER AGAIN) and about 140 feet of sidewalk on a 1/4 acre lot. Only used the blower once a year for the first 2-3 years and worth it. This year making up for those years a bit. My arthritic toes and knees thank me and my wife isn't looking out the window every few minutes making sure I'm still upright. Her worry is her bro-in-law is a construction worker, very in shape and healthy. At 56 or so had a heart attack that still amazes his doctor.... doc is surprised he survived.

... First time I took her to a show she said "that's pretty interesting. Can't those instruments be tuned?"

Tuned ... schmoooned ... every "eghad" moment from a Fleetwood record would have never occurred if the horns were in tune ... ok ... scratches, clicks, dust flubs and other technical recording things added to the drama ... but NOTHING was as pleasurable as us saying "did you hear what he TRIED to play?" ... the end result of perfection for me wasn't a listening goal ... it was the quest ...

:-)

• Like 2

OK Easton Sr corps???????? Know I only discovered corps in 74 but thought I knew the history of that section of the commonwealth.

Unless it's a corps from that area from another town that stars in E.... and they used Easton for a while. Kinda like the Harrisburg/Wormleysburg/Mechanicsburg/Linglestown Westshoremen (and half those towns are on the EAST shore).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Okay ... weren't the Chessmen from Easton? ... or, maybe Ray meant Emmaus ... wasn't there a corps called the Sentinals?

:-)

What's with all this "heart attack" schtick? You're all creeping me out.

Shovel, schmovel, blow, schmo...Hire the kids from the high school band to clear the driveway and watch from the living room with a hot brandy.

That's far more economical than cardiologists or snow blowers, plus you'll be keeping the little buggers from playing those god-forsaken saxophones for a while.

F

• Like 3

OK Easton Sr corps???????? Know I only discovered corps in 74 but thought I knew the history of that section of the commonwealth.

Unless it's a corps from that area from another town that stars in E.... and they used Easton for a while. Kinda like the Harrisburg/Wormleysburg/Mechanicsburg/Linglestown Westshoremen (and half those towns are on the EAST shore).

I honestly can't remember the name of the corps - it was "all-age" although they're members were wicked young - the time was about '98 or '99 as it's the last time I got fired from the Yankee Rebels that day - can't remember which time. Think I offered to pop someone at rehearsal - it was the right decision. I would have fired me too.

Anyhow - the senior corps from the ABE area with a Clarinet player that taught the brass line. That's all I remember.

• Like 1

What's with all this "heart attack" schtick? You're all creeping me out.

Shovel, schmovel, blow, schmo...Hire the kids from the high school band to clear the driveway and watch from the living room with a hot brandy.

That's far more economical than cardiologists or snow blowers, plus you'll be keeping the little buggers from playing those god-forsaken saxophones for a while.

F

See? Those of us "of a certain age" have this "kids will work" illusion, or even better "kids will work for money" illusion.

Kids no longer work - period. They play the saxophone. We pay for the lessons, drive them there, and lobby George Hopkins to accept them into DCI. They work at rehearsal, and soccer, and school (sometimes).

And I'm not going to have a heart attack - I was raised working, and NOT playing saxophone.

I get achy, but I don't have to worry about co-pays, or expensive surgery because after I gave up my Blue Cross / Blue Shield at retirement I turned my health care over to the Veterans' Administration (gasp) - the positive spin of which is that I'll never need complicated surgery because the VA practices a one size for everything Euthanasia.

So - shovel on, Motherf*ckers!!! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

I'm made of wrought iron. Old, bent, creaky, rusting.

Not even close to dying of a heart attack or anything else.

I despise the VA way too much for that.

• Like 1