Judges From Dancing With Stars

"Len, Terri-Ann & Bruno":

Since we are in the Winter Doldrums of "Drum Corps" my pretties, I thought it would be "Fun" to toss out a topic such as this to stimulate a bit of conversation. Do you think that a group of "Adjudicators" such as the trio that weekly judge the "Dancing With the Stars" contest on ABC do a good-horrible job in the "Drum Corps" arena?

Personally, I think Len Goodman would be a GREAT "Drum Corps Judge" with his critiqes of 'technique' (Or the lack of same) being what you would hear in a post contest judges meeting.

Discus among yourselves... :sshh:

Elphaba

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any of them would be qualified to adjudicate even a parade competition. I'd be willing to bet at least 1 of them doesn't even know how to read music. Even if they did, there's no way any of them would be qualified to judge music at all.

"Len, Terri-Ann & Bruno":

Since we are in the Winter Doldrums of "Drum Corps" my pretties, I thought it would be "Fun" to toss out a topic such as this to stimulate a bit of conversation. Do you think that a group of "Adjudicators" such as the trio that weekly judge the "Dancing With the Stars" contest on ABC do a good-horrible job in the "Drum Corps" arena?

Personally, I think Len Goodman would be a GREAT "Drum Corps Judge" with his critiqes of 'technique' (Or the lack of same) being what you would hear in a post contest judges meeting.

Discus among yourselves... :sshh:

Elphaba

you mean CARRIE Ann, right?

Aside from that, I think it'd be neat if they judged...mostly because Bruno has the best accent ever.

I agree... those three judges are great fun to watch! Len Goodman definitely knows his stuff. My wife and I remember him from the "Championship Ballroom Dancing" show that used to be televised on PBS.

And I don't know of any current drum corps judges who put such a flourish into giving out a perfect score, the way Bruno does when he thrusts his fist and in the air and shouts, "TEN!!!!!" :)

Fran

you mean CARRIE Ann, right?

"Carrie Ann":

I stand corrected!!! :huh:

Elphaba

I think that the only thing that they would be able to comment on is the colorguard, aside from the style and composition of the drill for the ensemble as a whole. However, it would be interesting to put that out there and see them running on the field instead of sitting behind a desk. Maybe its something that should presented to them. I say give em a shot at judging. Because I know when I marched, alot of the colorguard members were in dance troupes.

One thing not considered thus far: The judges on "Dancing with the Stars" are very much in the open and on camera. In drum corps, they're very much not in the open and are not on camera. On the television show, they've become part of the act and help draw in viewers. In drum corps, the judges are apart from the act and do not serve any PR function.

Intriguing thought, though.