Bluecoats' 2008 Show to Glamorize Violence (IMHO)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bluecoats website introduces the show title for 2008 as "The Knockout" and indicates the concept will be about boxing.

Why does a youth activity glamorize a violent sport?

Well, under that logic, didn't Crown's show last year glamorize the cruel training of animals to race against each other just for human enjoyment? Let alone the gambling that goes on a horse races? :ph34r:

(Oh, and if you're actually serious, let me cast the first vote for thread closure....)

I second that nomination.

Edited by crashhelmi36

Jeez, and a few months ago someone complained that Cadets "I Believe" show was pro-abortion because the words "pro-choice" were in the write up.

Heh, just searched and see corps using rifles was also seen as insensitive because of school shootings.

How was the BDs Godfather show missed then???

OK, someone has to say it..... Use of amps glamourizes the depletion of natural resources because electricity has to be generated for the amps to work.... :ph34r::ph34r:

The Bluecoats website introduces the show title for 2008 as "The Knockout" and indicates the concept will be about boxing.

Why does a youth activity glamorize a violent sport?

If I didn't want to violate a guideline of DCP, I'd tell you to shut your big friggin tree hugging mouth.

Using the OP's logic, we should be criticizing Cavaliers for doing a show that glorifies war and violence (Samurai), and Renegades for every show they've ever done because they glorify "being evil" (and then there's that whole Crunchy Frog thing, but that's another story... :ph34r:)

Using the OP's logic, we should be criticizing Cavaliers for doing a show that glorifies war and violence (Samurai), and Renegades for every show they've ever done because they glorify "being evil" (and then there's that whole Crunchy Frog thing, but that's another story... :ph34r:)

Then there's that un-dead thing this year.... :ph34r:

LOL, just remembered at the beginning of Michael Jacksons Thriller video there was a statement from MJ covering his butt about being a Jehovahs Witness starring in a video about zombies. Maybe DCA/DCI needs a covering statement about content of indivdual corps shows. :ph34r: