but you had SKY, CABS, HURCS, BUCS, REBELS and the rest of DCA shaking there head's at AQUINAS STADIUM in 1975 becuase they all just got ther butt kicked by the RCA CHAMPIUONS, and no way they were going to let that happen.

Phoenix was 4th at DCA Prelims in 1975, and 5th at Finals. So neither the Skyliners, Caballeros nor Buccaneers got their butts kicked by Phoenix that year.

Not taking anything away from Phoenix, because they had a great corps that year.... but I'm just sayin'....

Fran

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

hey Fran

PICKY PICKY PICKY

The reasons for the Crusader purge were not Nobel, and the purpose of the Phoenix wasn't Nobel either, but thats another topic. The reason Phoenix burned out, was the "party" and by that I mean more then just a few beers. The indulgence of any available inebriate before, during and after public performance's lead to behavior that was an embarrassment to anyone associated with the activity. Most of the members and many of the posters of this topic were part of that scene and were usually to high to even realize they had made a fool of themselves, but were always ready to fight. The DCP forum is a place to be positive so I better stop now.

The reasons for the Crusader purge were not Nobel, and the purpose of the Phoenix wasn't Nobel either, but thats another topic. The reason Phoenix burned out, was the "party" and by that I mean more then just a few beers. The indulgence of any available inebriate before, during and after public performance's lead to behavior that was an embarrassment to anyone associated with the activity. Most of the members and many of the posters of this topic were part of that scene and were usually to high to even realize they had made a fool of themselves, but were always ready to fight. The DCP forum is a place to be positive so I better stop now.

That was pretty much the norm in DCA at that time anyways. Did you march Phoenix Big Drum?

anonymous poster...

Aaaaah. We have a few of those don't we? I like putting my name out there so as not to hide.

Aaaaah. We have a few of those don't we? I like putting my name out there so as not to hide.

i put my name out there to. no hiding here

Nice try boys, but the no body is denying the truth!!!

Hey rookie....just say who you are and who you marched with and how you know that it was only Phoenix that did this.

Did we party? I guess you could say that. So did many other DCA "senior" corps back then. Cabs and Sky especially were known for their escapades at that point of the century. It was the 70's. There wasn't a ton of kids in these corps. They were at least adults in their 20's. Did the corps fold because of that...it may have been a reason but it certainly wasn't the only or biggest reason. It was a combination of factors, but the corps got too good, too soon.

"ANY" inebriate is extreme though....that is simply not true.

Also, I was there and we did not go looking for fights. They seemed to come looking for us. It was usually about the "groupies" we had. I am telling you, it seemed like we were rock stars.

What amazes me is that 30+ years later, people are still mad about it.

As far as "denying the truth"...I dont see that at all.

As far as hiding who YOU are...I do see that.

Happy Holidays!

Donny

Edited by donnymusic