Nice try boys, but the no body is denying the truth!!!

only cowardly people hide behind screen names. if you put your real name out then you could be confronted. the way you are you hide so no one can confront you. form this point forward you are of no consequence. you mean nothing to this thread. come out of the shadows so you can be given credability or be what you are nothing. no name = non entity.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was afraid this would stoop to this... My heavens, that was a lifetime ago and many of those involved are either VERY old senior citizens or dead...

As anyone who knows me knows - I have MUCH to say... and know MORE than most when it comes to airing the dirty laundry, I err on the side of caution... I think it is enough to know that we all survived and that most of us are "over" it and have remained friends all these years... doesn't that say it all? I was especially close to the situation as the Brigadier crew was critical to Phoenix and of course I was raised a Brigadier and accidentally became a Crusader... My Brigadier friends in Phoenix were also very close to me.

Remember my earlier statement about never stepping between 2 brothers fighting.

For those who may not know all the personalities involved... I was part of Crusader's management during that period... I had much bitterness toward the entire situation... I got over it...

Me thinks it's time for this thread to die...

That was pretty much the norm in DCA at that time anyways.

i don't think that was the "norm". there were always plenty of hearty parties post show, but before or during wouldn't be tolerated by the serious respected corps of the day. i also take what that anonymous snipe said with a grain of salt! if phoenix was indeed stocked with vets from all those corps mentioned.........then i seriously doubt the free for all this guy described actually happened!

I don't care what you nice folks call me or even what you think. The point is the over indulgence did happen, I was there, I know the people that did it, (little brother) I saw them do it. Some of them are currently very active in the activity as prominent instructors or leaders, I don't plan to call them out, but the truth is the truth.

Did we party? I guess you could say that. So did many other DCA "senior" corps back then. Cabs and Sky especially were known for their escapades at that point of the century. It was the 70's. There wasn't a ton of kids in these corps. They were at least adults in their 20's. Did the corps fold because of that...it may have been a reason but it certainly wasn't the only or biggest reason. It was a combination of factors, but the corps got too good, too soon.

"ANY" inebriate is extreme though....that is simply not true.

Also, I was there and we did not go looking for fights. They seemed to come looking for us. It was usually about the "groupies" we had. I am telling you, it seemed like we were rock stars.

What amazes me is that 30+ years later, people are still mad about it.

As far as "denying the truth"...I dont see that at all.

As far as hiding who YOU are...I do see that.

Happy Holidays!

Donny

I can't speak for Cabs or Sky but with the Sunrisers we could party with the best of them and even teach a few lessons but WE NEVER, NEVER did anything before a show.

After....well that's a different story...lol...best left in the vault.

On post #2, I thought about all of this and replied..."Nah". I had a reason for that.

It is what it is...We did what we did. Blah blah blah...we were still very excellent. Like Tom...I hoped that this wouldn't go to where it has, but I figured this would happen.

Donny

if there was a senior corps out there didn't indulge in one way or another someone here tell me who it was? and what went on on the "bus" on the way to the show always happens in all corps at that time because we were not all age as like you have now. you are hiding because you wouldn't dare call anyone out because if you were there like you said you were i bet a few of us could call you out to. my remarks about winning,Fran, was made because in my opinion and many others that were in the stands in 1975 Phoenix flat out won prelims, but as we know in many years before as in 1972 and many years after as in 2003, just to give few examples of politics winning and the right corps not. i would also say no one worked harder at rehersal than Phoenix, and my statement about intrusctors being cowards are true and cannot be denied, since Phoenix was not the FIRST corps these intructors walked out on. this thread was started because someone wanted to know about Phoenix, well sometimes the truth can not alwys be pleasent, so mabey don't ask. but i will defend what Phoenix accomplished at all shows except 1976 finals. Many of us walked away from drum corps for a long time because of happened to Phoenix, while alot of others became great teachers , intructors and many are in the Drum Corp Hall of Fame, and some of us are still marching or competing at I&E and still winning a few medals here and there. alot of Phoenix alumni because of business or personal reason's can't say what happened or try to defend against those of you who want to take a shot at Phoenix but i don't have any problem saying what i beleive is true so flame me all you want, like i said before so what.

if there was a senior corps out there didn't indulge in one way or another someone here tell me who it was? and what went on on the "bus" on the way to the show always happens in all corps at that time because we were not all age as like you have now. you are hiding because you wouldn't dare call anyone out because if you were there like you said you were i bet a few of us could call you out to. my remarks about winning,Fran, was made because in my opinion and many others that were in the stands in 1975 Phoenix flat out won prelims, but as we know in many years before as in 1972 and many years after as in 2003, just to give few examples of politics winning and the right corps not. i would also say no one worked harder at rehersal than Phoenix, and my statement about intrusctors being cowards are true and cannot be denied, since Phoenix was not the FIRST corps these intructors walked out on. this thread was started because someone wanted to know about Phoenix, well sometimes the truth can not alwys be pleasent, so mabey don't ask. but i will defend what Phoenix accomplished at all shows except 1976 finals. Many of us walked away from drum corps for a long time because of happened to Phoenix, while alot of others became great teachers , intructors and many are in the Drum Corp Hall of Fame, and some of us are still marching or competing at I&E and still winning a few medals here and there. alot of Phoenix alumni because of business or personal reason's can't say what happened or try to defend against those of you who want to take a shot at Phoenix but i don't have any problem saying what i beleive is true so flame me all you want, like i said before so what.

We never indulged in the New York Skyliners. I think everyone knows that. lol

We never indulged in the New York Skyliners. I think everyone knows that. lol

right, and pigs are flying by my window right now............hehehe :devil:

I can't speak for Cabs or Sky but with the Sunrisers we could party with the best of them and even teach a few lessons but WE NEVER, NEVER did anything before a show.

After....well that's a different story...lol...best left in the vault.

Absolutely correct, George. Pre-show imbibing was frowned upon, to say the least. (Meaning you would risk getting your ### kicked by fellow corps members if you tried to "have a few" or whatever before a contest!)

But after the show.......look out!!!!!! :devil:

Fran