So why didn't Crown win?

Crown did not win because their score was less than BD's on Finals night. I see the love and respect these two corps have for each other on the Finals retreat video. I used to (very recently) make stupid comments about Crown just to #### their fans off, but I was being childish. Crown I am sure was disappointed not to win, but their members do not feel ripped off. I know this because I have read many Crown members' post their feelings on Facebook at BD's page. Crown and BD are nothing but class organizations from the top down. I wish my actions on DCP would have been as classy as the actual performers in these two corps have been. My bullying days are over. I enjoyed both shows. There is nothing wrong with liking one corps/show more than the other, but a topic like this is usually not productive on DCP.

• Like 9

I think the bigger question is...why did BD take first?

I think the bigger question is...why did BD take first?

Because they were a bit better.

• Like 1

Why?

Because Cappybara!

Exactly! I decreed that BD had the better show, and the judges listened :)

Thread is TLDR for me at the moment, and I haven't studied the recaps, but I was in the stands and could hear from the start of BD's show that their drum line was nails. They absolutely ripped it on Saturday. Crown was very good, but I didn't hear the same clarity out of their drums that I got from BD on that night. I also felt Crown had a bit of extra energy to their semis show vs. their finals effort. Just a little more snap. I would have felt good about a Crown win, but I can understand why, on that night, the judges gave it to BD.

I also felt Crown had a bit of extra energy to their semis show vs. their finals effort. Just a little more snap. I would have felt good about a Crown win, but I can understand why, on that night, the judges gave it to BD.

Interesting. Rumor has it that the staff (who probably know the show better than anyone) thought the corps had their best run of the season at Finals (before anyone heard a score). Crown did have a history of having their best run at semi's. After watching both hicam and multicam vids a couple of times, I would agree with that assessment.

Edited by corpsband