DCI 2008 schedule posted!

Hold up.

Are you calling me a liar and questioning my experience now?

I can't believe you of all people would say someone else does not know what they are talking about. You literally have no experience or credibility in the activity. So, you know how to pick the telephone and call Sue Kuenhold at DCI..... Big deal

Also:

you make this statement:

then you go on in a later post:

Care to contradict yourself some more?

I didn't try to back up what I was saying with credentials like you did. I said that I talked to DCI last year, and that I would talk to them this year, too, which I did, and I'm ecstatic to find out that they're working on the tour in the West/NW region and that there's still a possiblity that we'll get a show in WA. I'm a fan, and I'm sure that I don't have as many connections to DCI as you. The only thing that I said was that your explanation made little sense, logically, since Seattle and the Tri-Cities are an hour and a half away from the freeways the corps on the Portland/Boise swing will be taking, and not much futher than that from Spokane. You could tell me that until the end of time, but just because you were a corps admin doesn't mean that it's magically true regarding there being no shows in WA--especially when you made claims about last year that were 100% wrong.

I'm fine with taking this to PM, though I don't really think there's anything else to say.

Anyway, to the guy who marches Thunder who posted in this thread, don't give up hope. :cool:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you won't be doing much "major event" drum corps for a while yet, unless you're going to Allentown to get some pierogies.

I was surprised two years ago when I asked about the pierogies at the booth near the entrance gate and was told by someone in the booth that they aren't the homemade pierogie I thought, but were the same Mrs. Grass Pierogie I can buy in the frozen food section of my grocery store. They must taste different because they are fried. It was in Allentown that I was turned on to vinegar on pierogie. I ordered pierogie between West Point and NYC a few years ago and asked for vinegar and got the strangest stares and a response like, "Nobody puts vinegar on pierogie." I responded iwth, "Don't tell that to people in Allentown."

I didn't try to back up what I was saying with credentials like you did.

If you had credentials I am sure you would have

I was surprised two years ago when I asked about the pierogies at the booth near the entrance gate and was told by someone in the booth that they aren't the homemade pierogie I thought, but were the same Mrs. Grass Pierogie I can buy in the frozen food section of my grocery store. They must taste different because they are fried. It was in Allentown that I was turned on to vinegar on pierogie. I ordered pierogie between West Point and NYC a few years ago and asked for vinegar and got the strangest stares and a response like, "Nobody puts vinegar on pierogie." I responded iwth, "Don't tell that to people in Allentown."

Vinegar on pierogies- that sounds a lot like asking for Swiss cheese on a Philly Cheesesteak :cool:

TBA des moines show... wonder whats up with that, Ankeny's been packed every year ive been there.

Maybe theyll end up in West Des Moines at Valley Stadium(i know corps have rehearsed there in the past) I would approve of this change.

i was puzzled by it as well. i've never been to valleyfest so i haven't been to the west des moines stadium. might be fun for a change :cool:

Why is there no show in Pittsburgh, PA??????

care to take it to PM? :cool:

:cool:

Edited by skajerk

Yeah but SA is in a dome. I don't do drum corps in a dome.

I have a analogy I have used for DC in a dome vs outside where god intended it but it would get me banned from DCP for life if I used it here. :cool:

I can understand why you don't go to one in a dome, but as of right now Dallas and maybe Whichta Falls shows are a go, SA don't know if i got the money sure if not, then ill just go to tdallas and ill be a happy person.

I wonder what happend with Enid though

You said pierogie 6 times in one thread. That's got to be a record. :cool: