A Spartan Invitation

A big "thank you" to those supporting the corps! You are right in knowing that we haven't used DCP in the past. Our members will continue to remain out of sight seeing as we still enjoy a sense of mystery :wub: . As acting herald of the organization, however, I'd have to be insanus Lancus not to suggest using DCP as a recruiting tool.

Things are looking pretty good for the corps, simply it's pretty clear that when your main source of membership is lost, it's necessary to look elsewhere such as new schools, states, and even cyberspace. DCP reaches far and wide and it's a great way to both address and reach out to the Drum Corps Community. Call me inexperienced if you wish, but I know enough to do all I can to see the corps succeed.

Lance Piantaggini

Staff Coordinator/Visual Caption Head

Good luck from all of us here at Teal! We know you will be very successful again this season as the Spartans are a first-class organization and are looking forward to being on tour with you again this season!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too want to support my favorite Northeast Corps. I hope you have a great transition and do all the best. From what I know of the corps history... The last time there was a huge staff change they won the Championship within a year or two. :wub: Who knows... it could be a repeat.

Edited by Ron Burgendy

If you live in the Northeast and want to get in with a quality group and can't make it to Florida.....check out the Spartans. I highly recommend it, and I'm from the competition. :-)

Very much a class act!!

Best of luck to you guys!!!

Mike Steiner

If you live in the Northeast and want to get in with a quality group and can't make it to Florida.....check out the Spartans. I highly recommend it, and I'm from the competition. :-)

Very much a class act!!

Best of luck to you guys!!!

Mike Steiner

........ if you're into contemporary band music, the Spartans program choices alone are a good reason to take a look at getting involved. Of course, with an endorsement from Mike Steiner - all the better! <grin>. Cool music - go Spartans!

Good luck, Spartans. I hope you maintain the awesome level of performance you are famous for. Open Clas needs corps like you that can scare the $#&! out of the World Class corps :thumbs-up: .

I am very suprised at the way things turned out with the Spartans this year. It is very disturbing. I know that drum corps go through reorganization, but this is rediculous. They used to be a classy organization, but they are not in it for the same reasons anymore. I know that alot of people have been hurt lately by people in the organization that have power... I hope it doesn't continue.

All of the kids that continue to march with the Spartans are innocent and I wish them the best of luck. I believe some of the people that are in power should take a long hard look at what has happened and a long hard look at themselves.

Welcome, Mr Lance P, to DCP. It is good to see an official presence from my favorite junior corps from NH on these boards.

Welcome, also, Ms. guardmomx2. I am truly sorry to see that there are people from this corps who are hurting.

I can only tell you what I am "in it for" ... so I will ...

I am a drum corps fan. I am a nameless face in the crowd. I am "in it" to enjoy a good drum corps show.

I am "in it" to support the people who march ... whoever they are, wherever they march, whenever they march, whyever they march ...

I am "in it" to support the people who help them accomplish that goal ... whoever they are, wherever they are, whenever they are, whyever they are.

I don't really need to know their names. I already know who they are.

They are me ... just in a different time and place, in a different uniform.

They will come out and put on their show ... and that will tell their story.

All I ever really need to know will play out there on the field.

I am "in it" for the long haul.

I plan to be there next summer to cheer on the Spartans ... and every other corps ... may they have a great run.

I am just a member of the old guard.

Welcome, Mr Lance P, to DCP. It is good to see an official presence from my favorite junior corps from NH on these boards.

Welcome, also, Ms. guardmomx2. I am truly sorry to see that there are people from this corps who are hurting.

I can only tell you what I am "in it for" ... so I will ...

I am a drum corps fan. I am a nameless face in the crowd. I am "in it" to enjoy a good drum corps show.

I am "in it" to support the people who march ... whoever they are, wherever they march, whenever they march, whyever they march ...

I am "in it" to support the people who help them accomplish that goal ... whoever they are, wherever they are, whenever they are, whyever they are.

I don't really need to know their names. I already know who they are.

They are me ... just in a different time and place, in a different uniform.

They will come out and put on their show ... and that will tell their story.

All I ever really need to know will play out there on the field.

I am "in it" for the long haul.

I plan to be there next summer to cheer on the Spartans ... and every other corps ... may they have a great run.

I am just a member of the old guard.

I too am a member of the "old guard"

I am "in it" for the same reasons you are.

I am "in it" to support the corps, members, and instructors.

I am "in it" for the love of drum corp.

Which is what Spartans used to be "in it" for. What I am merely saying is that some people are not "in it" for these same reasons. I believe that their visions are blurred.

Good luck Spartans. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be who I am today. I hope that others can learn just as I did from great group of people like you.

Spartan Member 91,92,93

Best wishes to Spartans, the perennial beast from the east!

What are you guys getting for numbers up there?