A Spartan Invitation

I have also heard some not so wonderful happenings. However, the Spartans are still the Spartans. A corps that has achieved so much in it's history would not hire a bunch of goons to run their educational program, so I'm pretty positive that the staff will still help the corps produce an excellent product come finals. Good luck to you Lance and to the Spartans on their title defense.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, how can bashing a corps on the internet be good for drum corps?

It's a shame anyone is bashing the Spartan's and if the “bashee” is aligning themselves with any other corps from the Northeast, I recommend they really go into it with their eyes wide open. To have a 1st class organization it needs to be led well. Finances are important. Are they in debt? Do they owe DCI past money? Look into the transportation. How the food is supplied...does it come out of your original fee or do they guilt all the parents into supplying it right before tour. Ask questions about the equipment. Do they have enough? When will they purchase it if not? Are the instructors instructing or just barking out orders. What's their reputation in DCI? Do they have good rapport with other corps officials? Drum Corps is a great experience if you are with a corps that has a solid infrastructure like the Spartans.... otherwise it can greatly diminish the positive experience it can be.

I too am a member of the "old guard"

I am "in it" for the same reasons you are.

I am "in it" to support the corps, members, and instructors.

I am "in it" for the love of drum corp.

Which is what Spartans used to be "in it" for. What I am merely saying is that some people are not "in it" for these same reasons.

Well, then, what are they "in it" for?

I'm going to take that as a joke and laugh it off

I'm going to take that as a joke and laugh it off

I am not bashing the drum corp, I am not BASHING anyone. All I am saying is that the administration should take a good look at themselves and try and figure out what it is that they are in it for.

Good Luck to all the members and instructional staff of the Spartans.

I am "in it" for the love of drum corp.
I am not bashing the drum corp, I am not BASHING anyone.

S!

There is an "s" in "corps".

Always.

Whatever

Exactly.

You join DCP the day after this topic is started.

You have 4 posts, all of them in this thread.

You say there is something rotten going on in Nashua.

You say the people there aren't "in it" for the right reasons, but you supply no names, nor do you provide examples of how they are "in it" for the wrong reasons.

You hide behind an anonymous screen name.

Got something to say? How about your name, or the names of people you feel have done wrong?

The people at Spartans opened this thread to attract membership for the 2008 season, and you're posting in it for the wrong reasons.

Edit: Good luck Spartans!

Edited by Slow Adam

Back off Junior. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Were she to provide names or particular info about what havoc the long time "director" of the corps has wrought the posts would be edited or removed and you know it. Stop acting like the National Enquirer.

The new staff has more than has its work cut out for them. I am sure they are eager to prove themselves, many were former members & staff who left under less than desirable circumstances. Hopefully they have matured and learned from their mistakes.

8 horns at the last reahearsal is not pretty. There is NO REASON it should be that way. The corps is in this position for one reason only - denials can be made but the bottom line is....

What goes around comes around.

Exactly.

You join DCP the day after this topic is started.

You have 4 posts, all of them in this thread.

You say there is something rotten going on in Nashua.

You say the people there aren't "in it" for the right reasons, but you supply no names, nor do you provide examples of how they are "in it" for the wrong reasons.

You hide behind an anonymous screen name.

Got something to say? How about your name, or the names of people you feel have done wrong?

The people at Spartans opened this thread to attract membership for the 2008 season, and you're posting in it for the wrong reasons.

Edit: Good luck Spartans!

Edited by noduttingoutloud