A Spartan Invitation

It sure is a shame to watch such a great corps dwindle like this. It seems as if the new staff and the few members that are left have their work cut out for them. While I don't aggree with the staff changes at all and in my mind I think that this corps that I and many others have loved will never be the same, I think it will be interesting to see what they put out this year. See you on the field Spartans and best of luck

Edited by SpinMeToSleep

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder how the Citations numbers are now

They're fine, just like the Spartans' numbers are.

Why are so many people causing such a fuss about all this? Isn't the important thing that they actually have MORE than enough members to field?

On another note, I just saw the news on their website that one of their former members was appointed drum major. She is a terrific young woman with a great work ethic, and there's no doubt in my mind that she will have a big impact on the corps through her leadership position.

Edited by Musicman1084

They're fine, just like the Spartans' numbers are.

Why are so many people causing such a fuss about all this? Isn't the important thing that they actually have MORE than enough members to field?

On another note, I just saw the news on their website that one of their former members was appointed drum major. She is a terrific young woman with a great work ethic, and there's no doubt in my mind that she will have a big impact on the corps through her leadership position.

Not making a fuss, don't worry.

I'm pretty sure Citations will be well off this year..

Shame how things went down with Spartans though, but I am glad that details haven't been leaked to the public at-large.

Jessica is a great girl.

She has her work cut out for her, but hopefully she'll have a familiar face from 06 there somewhere.

:lol:

Not making a fuss, don't worry.

I'm pretty sure Citations will be well off this year..

Shame how things went down with Spartans though, but I am glad that details haven't been leaked to the public at-large.

Jessica is a great girl.

She has her work cut out for her, but hopefully she'll have a familiar face from 06 there somewhere.

Looks Like the Spartans are surviving just fine. from DCI's website: "Participation Review Committee – Chairperson Mark Stasa, reported on the petitions of the Spartans and Jersey Surf corps, both of which have formally requested evaluation in support of their applications for the achievement of World Class status starting with the 2009 season. After interviews and on-site visits with both organizations, the committee unanimously recommended both organizations for World Class membership. The board is expected to review the recommendation and rule in September." Don't change who you are Spartan's just keep doing your Thing!

:lol:

Looks Like the Spartans are surviving just fine. from DCI's website: "Participation Review Committee – Chairperson Mark Stasa, reported on the petitions of the Spartans and Jersey Surf corps, both of which have formally requested evaluation in support of their applications for the achievement of World Class status starting with the 2009 season. After interviews and on-site visits with both organizations, the committee unanimously recommended both organizations for World Class membership. The board is expected to review the recommendation and rule in September." Don't change who you are Spartan's just keep doing your Thing!

Thats funny because Im pretty sure theres a minimum membership requirement for World Class. Based on the recetn camp reports its hard to imagine what DCI saw from that 14 membr brass-line and brand new staff that told them they were ready to compete with The Cadets. But who knows, maybe the Cadets will inexplicably fire their whole staff and subsequently lose their 98% of their membership all while claiming everythings fine (it has been known to happen). Then, MAYBE, Spartans would have a solid shot at coming within 20 points of another world corps (yeah including pioneer).

Speaking of which, can you imagine if cadets did that? gutted there staff? and if they had 25 horns at there january camp...the OUTRAGE thatw ould ensue. but for some reason with the spartans everyone seems to be saying 'its ok their going to be good no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!' doesnt really make sense does it :w00t:

Speaking of which, can you imagine if cadets did that? gutted there their staff? and if they had 25 horns at there their january camp...the OUTRAGE thatw ould ensue. but for some reason with the spartans everyone seems to be saying 'its ok their they're going to be good no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!' doesnt really make sense does it :lol:

Speaking of which, can you imagine if cadets did that? gutted there staff? and if they had 25 horns at there january camp...the OUTRAGE thatw ould ensue. but for some reason with the spartans everyone seems to be saying 'its ok their going to be good no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!' doesnt really make sense does it :lol:

uhh... ok? So, if a div 1 (world class) corps decided to "gut their staff" or in some cases just fire people mid-way through the season and re-write the entire show then I guess that is ok? Was there an "outrage" after what happened with Madison last year? And from what I hear, 25 is a little high for the number of horns that showed up last camp but who are you to assume they will be short numbers next year? who is to assume that any corps would lose 90% of their staff in november? i believe that whatever happened over at spartans land was basically somewhat of a catastrophe but also a fluke that probably won't happen again and doesn't happen to ANY corps that often. whatever happens going into next year I think it's safe to assume it can only get better. And going along with the DCI article, according to everything said on the Spartans website it looks like their camp was a success for them. So, until I read their site and see something that is blatantly negative, I don't think any of us should worry, no matter how big or small the numbers are.

I'm not sure what happened but I wish all of the people at Spartans the best. And it seems there are a select few people that keep posting on any thread featuring the Citations in a very positive/optimistic manner, which is great! But then move over to any Spartans threads and post nothing but negativity and skepticism, which I don't understand no matter what corps it is. It actually makes me laugh seeing all this obvious bitterness that you should all know is extremely transparent to the rest of the world. We are all able to speak our minds however we would like to on here but we are merely un-named people behind a computer than have little to do with anything that happens on the field or behind the scenes.

Every corps stumbles at times... and in my years, I have seen many fall. The only thing we (as fans/volunteers/alumni, etc) can do is be supportive and hope for the best in the future of the activity. If we keep talking about outrages and negative outlooks based on the unknown facts then we're merely shooting ourselves in the foot because I thought we were here to support the activity. And those of you who might be itching to reply to this post, whether you know facts or not (which is irrelevant) it doesn't mean that you as an outsider are going to get any message across to the world of DCI except to point out the fact that you are very upset about something (which is blatantly obvious) and you're just taking it out publicly in a place where you feel a message can be sent. As I said before, it just makes me laugh and I think you're all in very small company.

Well, It would be nice to see the Spartans march world class next year. I want to show as much support as I can from out west and I look forward to seeing you in Indy. Good luck in 08.

But who knows, maybe the Cadets will inexplicably fire their whole staff and subsequently lose their 98% of their membership all while claiming everythings fine (it has been known to happen). Then, MAYBE, Spartans would have a solid shot at coming within 20 points of another world corps (yeah including pioneer).

Speaking of which, can you imagine if cadets did that? gutted there staff? and if they had 25 horns at there january camp...the OUTRAGE thatw ould ensue. but for some reason with the spartans everyone seems to be saying 'its ok their going to be good no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!' doesnt really make sense does it :w00t:

From what my friend told me, the staff was not fired. They left on their own accord. Get your facts straight. Maybe you should save all your energy for the field, or whatever it is that you are doing for the summer. :lol:

Ya know, i would personally love to take a spot and march with them this year, but since i don't have the money to fly up to NH every month so i really can't

But I wish them all good luck on a 2008 season and can't wait to see them in 09 in WORLD CLASS