Serenade in Brass 2008

I just checked the forecast. There is a 60% chance for rain all day on Saturday.

I am convinced that if the Harrisburg area was in a 50-year drought, that drought would be broken only once a year.... the day of the Forum show. :worthy:

Fran

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah know this IS a cool idea...We should run this by Rose and the gang...although a school sponsors concert...why couldnt all the corps benefit from this...

If this storm system going through Milwaukee right now is headed to Harrisburg, which I think it is, it will be very messy. :worthy:

It is not closing the airport, but the flights are delayed 3+ hours already.

I hope everyone driving (Ken, CabsCBblaster, Cav. Ed, Chuck and the rest) from the greater midwest is keeping it safe!

Edited by BigDale

http://www.wunderground.com/US/PA/Harrisburg.html

Saturday

65° F | 38° F

Rain Showers

80% chance of precipitation

MUDBUGS!!!!!!! :worthy:

If i'm not mistaken, it had rained last year too around Saturday night into Sunday morning. I remember driving up to a rehearsal the day after Harrisburg and it was just torrential downpour. (traveling into Upper Darby, into NJ) :lol:

I love rain though! More of a reason to stay indoors! :worthy:

Edited by Mike De Franco

I am taking Amtrak, but my train doesn't get in until 12:30 AM. Can any of you tell me how safe it would be to walk from the station to the Crowne Plaza at that time of night?

it is not far,..............but far from ideal............

In other words, don't be a cheap B**t'rd, pay the $5 for a cab? :smile:

"Are the Cabs planning on doing any rehearsing apart form their allotted time on stage? if so where, when and how?"

Right now our instructions are to report by 1:30 to begin warm-ups and rehearsal. As to where this warm-up will take place we never know for sure until we get there. Usually, the drum section sets up right near our trailer to begin warming up.

And now, in view of the prospect of 80% chance of showers, it's anybody's guess as to where we'll be able to rehearse prior to our stage time. By the way, I love the tent idea proposed above, but I'm sure they'd need several for all the corps!

In other words, don't be a cheap B**t'rd, pay the $5 for a cab? :smile:

Especially if you're carrying something in either hand. Sad thing is the train station is in a crappier area of town than the hotel. And at 12:30AM the first half of the walk you might not see anyone else. :smile:

Right now our instructions are to report by 1:30 to begin warm-ups and rehearsal. As to where this warm-up will take place we never know for sure until we get there. Usually, the drum section sets up right near our trailer to begin warming up. And now, in view of the prospect of 80% chance of showers, it's anybody's guess as to where we'll be able to rehearse prior to our stage time. By the way, I love the tent idea proposed above, but I'm sure they'd need several for all the corps!

yes everyone is thinking alike, even before the tent post I thought to myself, "should we rent a tent for damage control"?

with permissions given several corps could cooperate on that but, I dont know enough to assess the feasibility of that