Serenade in Brass 2008

The PADCHOF breakfast was fun, too.

Ditto...

I got to meet a few people there, to put a face with the DCP name.

Ditto.. This years tally was Hairbair, PghGuyBari and some guy with a pirate flag for an avatar. :ninja: Plus got to talk to Frank Ponzo for the first time at Mini Corps and had to miss talking to TennTux 'cause our driver got sick.

The award that you get from the Hall of Fame is pretty cool,

Ditto...

Thanks guys.

Thanks to PADCHOF, all the corps, 5 Star (aka people I used to march with) and the nice folks we got to talk to this weekend. Also thanks to bugleboy1048 Craig and Melligene who said "Hey Jim" when I walked past without seeing them. :ninja:

Good grief talk about a DC weekend.... Mini corps in the afternoon, SIB in the evening, breakfast the next morning and practice Sunday afternoon. My hearing might return to normal middle of the week. :worthy:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto...

Ditto.. This years tally was Hairbair, PghGuyBari and some guy with a pirate flag for an avatar. :ninja: Plus got to talk to Frank Ponzo for the first time at Mini Corps and had to miss talking to TennTux 'cause our driver got sick.

Ditto...

Thanks to PADCHOF, all the corps, 5 Star (aka people I used to march with) and the nice folks we got to talk to this weekend. Also thanks to bugleboy1048 Craig and Melligene who said "Hey Jim" when I walked past without seeing them. :ninja:

Good grief talk about a DC weekend.... Mini corps in the afternoon, SIB in the evening, breakfast the next morning and practice Sunday afternoon. My hearing might return to normal middle of the week. :worthy:

Jim,

I was just thinking that I might not have introduced you to my wife and son and they were standing right there. If so, my apologies.

I was kind of taken back by the way the breakfast and presentation was done. It was really, really neat. I truly felt honored and Mike, Gary, and all the others whose names I'm not sure of did an outstanding job.

And the woman that made the glass placques did an outstanding job and my name is spelled correctly -Yay!

What Ruth said!

I'll add a HUGE "Thank You" to all of you who came by to say "hi" to Barbara. She (and I) really appreciated your kind words.

And thanks to Larry Hershman for mentioning her name to the audience. And to Chet Doboe and the Hip Pickles for their "tribute" to Clay Aiken and the Clay fan in the house (that would be Barbara). If Clay Aiken were a percussionist, that's what he would sound like....LOL

Next year, the missus and I both plan to be back on stage with the Westshoremen Alumni.

Fran

note to staff....beef up insurance coverages!

sorry i didn't get to talk to you guys longer!

and for those that didn't go, the PADCHOF breakfast was awesome. yeah, I'm biased because my dad was inducted, but the PA history in that room.......chilling.

It sure was nice to put the face with the name. My daughter and I hope to join you and your wife on stage next year. The show was awesome. (We were right behind you and Barb next to "wall")

AAwww, man and you didn't lean forward and say hi? Donna and I (sitting next to Fran and Barb) were hoping to meet more DCPers Saturday night because we knew we wern't going to be at the breakfast Sunday morning.

Next time for sure... :rock:

Tony ;-)

Ditto...

Ditto.. This years tally was Hairbair, PghGuyBari and some guy with a pirate flag for an avatar. :rock: Plus got to talk to Frank Ponzo for the first time at Mini Corps and had to miss talking to TennTux 'cause our driver got sick.

No prob Jim.... next time for sure.... (at least we waved to each other...LOL)

Jim,

I was just thinking that I might not have introduced you to my wife and son and they were standing right there. If so, my apologies.

I was kind of taken back by the way the breakfast and presentation was done. It was really, really neat. I truly felt honored and Mike, Gary, and all the others whose names I'm not sure of did an outstanding job.

And the woman that made the glass placques did an outstanding job and my name is spelled correctly -Yay!

Just FYI: The glass Plaques, patch designs, etc. were the creation of our (TBIRDS) resident graphic artist Chery (a.k.a. CherBear) Campbell Godfrey who also plays 3rd sop. She also does most, if not all, of our T-shirt designs.

and for those that didn't go, the PADCHOF breakfast was awesome. yeah, I'm biased because my dad was inducted, but the PA history in that room.......chilling.

My apologies to all that did go to the breakfast... :rock:

Donna had to work Saturday and I woke up not feeling so good. My son took me to the doctors (my health as it is every little thing is another doctors visit) and the doctor said I was OK. (not contagious, just a little temp and the cough is from a touch of the flu from 3 weeks ago) To make this short, (no pun intended, I'm 5'6") We weren't sure I was going to be able to go at 2PM so while at the doctors office I canceled the hotel room, the dog sitter and everything else. Donna got out at 4PM so we got in the car and drove up to Harrisburg for the Serenade in Brass. (got in just as Bucs Alumni was playing.)

Thanks to all that stopped by and said hi! :juggle: Donna and I enjoyed the after party, having missed the Mini-Corps show in the afternoon, getting to see the Mini-Corps at the party was great!. (If anyone needs a couple of txs for the 2008 Mini-Corps Competition please let me know...LOL)

Then theres the part where Mike Siglow stopped by our table at the party and asked if we were going to be going to the breakfast on Sunday. I explained that we were returning home and what had happened and he presented me with "The Most Charismatic Hawaiian Shirt" award! ( sorry I missed the announcement at the breakfast)

Much thanks to Mark Fulcomer (arrived Sunday, my apologies for not thanking you personally) Gary Matcyak and Mike Siglow as well as the judges :dancin: (who obviously need to borrow my glasses...hehe) A round of beverages of your choice next time...

We had a great time Saturday night, a thank you to all of the Corps and performers. As soon as I get the photos uploaded to the computer I'll post some of them... :devil:

Thank you to Fran and Barb, always great getting together. (Sorry we had to miss the "Eastern Shore Dinner Club" and this month's was supposed to be the Harrisburg division dinner...LOL)

Edited by TennTux

Just FYI: The glass Plaques, patch designs, etc. were the creation of our (TBIRDS) resident graphic artist Chery (a.k.a. CherBear) Campbell Godfrey who also plays 3rd sop. She also does most, if not all, of our T-shirt designs.

:rock: Well done!

I brought the plaque into work today and everyone thought it was cool. But then they wanted to know why I got one. They wanted to know if the hall of fame was scraping the bottom of the barrel.

They love me ...really.

Seriously, they all liked it and congratulated me. I was basking in the moment and then it was, "OK here's what we have to get done today.

"Work? You want me to work? Don't you know I'm in the PA Hall of Fame?!"

Apparently, it doesn't carry much weight here. :juggle:

AAwww, man and you didn't lean forward and say hi? Donna and I (sitting next to Fran and Barb) were hoping to meet more DCPers Saturday night because we knew we wern't going to be at the breakfast Sunday morning.

Next time for sure... :juggle:

Tony ;-)I was afraid if leaned over I might not be able to straighten back up.... :rock: