Submiting 8 Out of the 10 Rule Changes.....

Some do follow like sheep, I know what I witnessed. IMO they follow like sheep when they sit back while a major proposal is up for debate and not say anything even when ASKED to offer their input one way or another.

I was responding to what y'all were saying, y'all were the ones accusing the "anti amp camp" of saying it "lessens the directors" who did vote for amps when we say such things...I was responding saying that y'all should not say that everyone on the BOD did vote for the change when we know they didn't, just because they eventually ended up using amps because they knew they needed to for a competitve edge.

I'm not the one who is contradicting myself. I said if you were at a meeting you see that some do follow like sheep, some are followers.

How do you know they had input? How do you know why they voted the way they did?

Yes, big contradiction by you. . .sorry, but you can't remove yourself from the group insulting the BOD and then turn around and insult them with attacks on what they should have done, based strictly on your own personal views of the subject(s) at hand.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why this discussion is so objectionable to me. I can't fathom that even the most ardent exponent of acoustic drum corps can't accept that their opponents in this regard are every bit as pure in motive as they are.

HH

That's because the pro amp people are from the dark side!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbdown::lol:

:thumbup:

"Backwards" is removing improvements that have happened along the way that make DCI better and better....removing multi-key, 3 valves, amps, pits.

This is where we disagree. (Which is fine of coarse :thumbup:)

Improvements is definitely a matter of personal opinion.

My thoughts? Amps and narration have added nothing to the activity except expenses to a corps operating costs. Narration has been a complete flop just by the sheer lack of use. How many corps have used narration in their shows since the rule passed? A minority or majority of the corps? And believe me, amps and narration are far from innovative. Marching bands (As you know) have been using them for many, MANY years now.

Bb........give me three examples of how replacing g horns with Bb's has made drum corps better? Don't give examples like "They produce a better sound", because that is a matter of opinion. Many (Including some top corps brass caption heads) would tell you they prefer the G's to the Bb's.

Edited by Triple Forte

How do you know they had input? How do you know why they voted the way they did?

Yes, big contradiction by you. . .sorry, but you can't remove yourself from the group insulting the BOD and then turn around and insult them with attacks on what they should have done, based strictly on your own personal views of the subject(s) at hand.

How do I know? I was there! I'm only speaking about the meeting I was present at, and what I witnessed. I was there as a writer for DCP and Jeff Fiedler arranged it for me to present the Petition when it was in Orlando. I got to watch the vote with my own eyes. I got to see them ask a director if they had input or anything to say when voting. I got to hear what they were saying. It is not a contradiction.

How can you imply that I am insulting the BOD when all I do is voice my opinion? Then you too are insulting the 9 who voted not to allow amplification to pass if you put it in that way. See where I'm coming from? I'm so tired of this same old argument over and over. I think I just won't reply anymore, cause no matter what I say, you and others who don't agree with me will continually classify me in a particular category instead of viewing us all as humans with differences of opinions. I try to do the same with you all and I don't understand why y'all can't show the same respect. I'm so sick of it.

I am not getting your reasoning nor do I wish to engage this conversation with you if you keep stroking my comments with twisted misconceptions. I am not INSULTING them with what they should have done, YOU ARE WRONG for stating other wise. You should go back and read all I am doing is stating my opinon's of what I witnessed with my own eyes, and how it came across to me as a spectator.

"Backwards" is removing improvements that have happened along the way that make DCI better and better....removing multi-key, 3 valves, amps, pits.

One of these things is not like the others,

One of these things just doesn't belong,

Can you tell which thing is not like the others

By the time I finish my song?

Three of these things belong together

Three of these things are kind of the same

Can you guess which one of these doesn't belong here?

Now it's time to play our game

($1 to Sesame Street)

Multi-key=doesn't alter acoustic character

3 valves=doesn't alter acoustic character

pit=doesn't alter acoustic character

amps=alters acoustic character

Garry in Vegas

Garry, don't be hatin'!

Edited by skajerk

Yeah, the fifth and sixth place corps who finished fourth and seventh the year before. I don't know what you mean. You suggest unamped corps were prejudiced in the scoring, but there is nothing tangible to suggest that actually happened.

I am suggesting no such thing. Of course, seeing how that's the message you got from it, then you can imagine how some corps staff might have gotten the same message....

How do I know? I was there! I'm only speaking about the meeting I was present at, and what I witnessed. I was there as a writer for DCP and Jeff Fiedler arranged it for me to present the Petition when it was in Orlando. I got to watch the vote with my own eyes. I got to see them ask a director if they had input or anything to say when voting. I got to hear what they were saying. It is not a contradiction.

How can you imply that I am insulting the BOD when all I do is voice my opinion? Then you too are insulting the 9 who voted not to allow amplification to pass if you put it in that way. See where I'm coming from? I'm so tired of this same old argument over and over. I think I just won't reply anymore, cause no matter what I say, you and others who don't agree with me will continually classify me in a particular category instead of viewing us all as humans with differences of opinions. I try to do the same with you all and I don't understand why y'all can't show the same respect. I'm so sick of it.

I am not getting your reasoning nor do I wish to engage this conversation with you if you keep stroking my comments with twisted misconceptions. I am not INSULTING them with what they should have done, YOU ARE WRONG for stating other wise. You should go back and read all I am doing is stating my opinon's of what I witnessed with my own eyes, and how it came across to me as a spectator.

Wow, so now you are a mind reader. Amazing.

Can you not see how insulting it is that you assumed what they should have said (again based on your feelings on the issue), when you really have no idea what was going on in their head?

Again, unless I have misread, what I have gotten from your posts is that you witnessed the vote and when directors were asked for their input you either a) witnessed them saying nothing and assumed they should have said something, and are now calling them sheep, or b) witnessed them adding input but not liking it and are now calling them sheep, or c) witnessed them voting in a way you did not like and are now calling them sheep.

If any of that is wrong, please correct me with more than "I was there". We know you were there.

The best thing about this thread is all the hoppy groupies that defend all things hoppy. No matter how insane hoppy's ideas are, no matter what he does on the field (hashmarks), no matter how many stupid proposals he makes - the hoppy patrol (you know who you are) will magically appear and defend him mindlessly. Fun thread!

The best thing about this thread is all the hoppy groupies that defend all things hoppy. No matter how insane hoppy's ideas are, no matter what he does on the field (hashmarks), no matter how many stupid proposals he makes - the hoppy patrol (you know who you are) will magically appear and defend him mindlessly. Fun thread!

Please point out the posts and posters who are defending Hoppy. I am guessing you won't do it, but please. Should be fun.