Cadet Member marching with broken Femur?

hey,

I just heard a story today about a Cadets member that had marched a show with a broken femur (to the amazment of all involved in the story).

As it was told, a member had broken her leg at some point (before or during a show) and after playing a show, went to the hospital (apparently there was a bone sticking out according to the story). When Hopkins got to the hospital he informed the doctor(s) that she had marched a show on the injury to which the doctor(s) were incredulous becuase of the massive break in the leg.

Anyone know the validity of the story?

If true..................holy crap

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If true, that's just about one of the dumbest things I've heard of anyone doing for drum corps.

Garry in Vegas

if it was a "massive" break, She wouldn't have been able to march. Even if it was fractured I think the pain would have probably been too much to handle, just because its your legs. The part of your body that supports your entire weight. And as crunchy said even if it was true, that would be the dumbest thing anybody could have done.

This goes back a while, but I can tell you that a member of the 93 Cadets guard marched more than half a season with multiple fractures in his foot. He was a high school friend of one of our guard girls and we hung out with him at the Denver show and he was determined to finish the season. As far as I know, he finished the season with some help from some major painkillers.

My sister had a hairline break to her femur as a teen. Didn't even know it was broken until a couple of weeks afterward when she started to feel pain. It pretty much messed her up for life, actually.

No idea as to the validity of the OP's post. We'll keep an eye on this topic.

hey,

I just heard a story today about a Cadets member that had marched a show with a broken femur (to the amazment of all involved in the story).

As it was told, a member had broken her leg at some point (before or during a show) and after playing a show, went to the hospital (apparently there was a bone sticking out according to the story). When Hopkins got to the hospital he informed the doctor(s) that she had marched a show on the injury to which the doctor(s) were incredulous becuase of the massive break in the leg.

Anyone know the validity of the story?

I truly doubt that...

Bone sticking out of leg = rehab for months.

Few years ago a member broke a bone in either her leg or ankle (forget details) when she hit a pothole in a practice field before a show. Bone broken, season over, end of story.

Only reason I bring it up is because few months later my wife had leg surgery and I asked on line about how the Cadet member was doing. To my surprise I got a very nice email from her. :rolleyes:

Bone sticking out of leg is called a "COMPOUND FRACTURE". Usually lots of blood involved and the member would probably be in shock from the pain which means the member would be incoherent and couldn't walk matter lone play an instrument.

George pushes his kids to the limits - even George knows when someone is seriously hurt and cannot march. SOOOO

Moderator, do us all a favor and close this flame bait topic.

For God's sake it's only Drum Corps.