## Kiltie Klassic-2008 ##

WWBD

Anybody have any good pictures of the front grandstands and pressbox I could use for DCPI?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Online tickets now on sale! Visit

HERE!!!

There are three "budget friendly" tiers of seating for this great show!!

**VIP has expanded seating area, prime viewing, free program and numbered seats.

**Premium has open seating in key select seating areas.

**General Admission has open seating within designated select seating areas.

Seating chart may be viewed at The Kilties website located

HERE!!

We attended this show last year. Kept thinking how nice it will look with the new bleachers! Can't wait to see it. Also, it seemed likea step back in time last year with the line-up they had - Blue Stars, Racine Scouts, Madison Scouts, Troopers and the Kilties. It could have been a show from the early '70's!

We attended this show last year. Kept thinking how nice it will look with the new bleachers! Can't wait to see it. Also, it seemed likea step back in time last year with the line-up they had - Blue Stars, Racine Scouts, Madison Scouts, Troopers and the Kilties. It could have been a show from the early '70's!

Hi Gary,

Yes indeed, it's going to be great for the fans, all the new seating is in.

Historic Horlick Field is so "up close and personal", one can see the "whites of their eyes" on the performers faces. :cool:

Fans best bring seat belts, as with the intimate logistics of Historic Horlick, this is a "hair parting" adventure of sound, and sight. :worthy:

Natural beautiful turf, first time appearence for The Cadets, Troopers returning.........all good stuff. Plus free parking! Great seating for handicap patrons!

Bill

Hi Gary,

Yes indeed, it's going to be great for the fans, all the new seating is in.

Historic Horlick Field is so "up close and personal", one can see the "whites of their eyes" on the performers faces. :master:

Fans best bring seat belts, as with the intimate logistics of Historic Horlick, this is a "hair parting" adventure of sound, and sight. :poke:

Natural beautiful turf, first time appearence for The Cadets, Troopers returning.........all good stuff. Plus free parking! Great seating for handicap patrons!

Bill

I marched in Horlick back in the day. Cruised by the field just last week. Still looks the same to me. Do they still have the beer stands on the north side of the field?

:devil::poke::tongue::devil::lol:

I marched in Horlick back in the day. Cruised by the field just last week. Still looks the same to me. Do they still have the beer stands on the north side of the field?

The traditional starting line was on this end of the field. The area between the chainlink fence there and the concession stand is known to Horlick Field aficianodos as the "reserved section". The brewskis were an essential social lubricant.

All through the 1970s, the concession stand was manned by Kiltie parents and was a solid fundraiser. This project was the brainchild of Kiltie Business Manager Wally Barth, himself a FMM and father of three members.

The tradition continues to this day, and the beer stand will still be operating long after the contestants have left the stadium.

The traditional starting line was on this end of the field. The area between the chainlink fence there and the concession stand is known to Horlick Field aficianodos as the "reserved section". The brewskis were an essential social lubricant.

All through the 1970s, the concession stand was manned by Kiltie parents and was a solid fundraiser. This project was the brainchild of Kiltie Business Manager Wally Barth, himself a FMM and father of three members.

The tradition continues to this day, and the beer stand will still be operating long after the contestants have left the stadium.

Only one difference, sadly The Kilties do not operate the concessions and have not for years. The concessions are run by the Racine Raiders semi-pro football team as a part of their lease arrangment with the City of Racine. But still a great concession stand!!

Only one difference, sadly The Kilties do not operate the concessions and have not for years.

The die was cast in the concession stand days. Now the Kilties have escalated their beer sales by sponsoring the Great Lakes Brew Fest each September.

They net more profit with far less effort.

Also, in 1997, the corps partially financed their DCA trip with bootleg sales of a micro-brewed batch of Kilties Mad Plaid Ale. That was how they put the FUN into FUNding.

The die was cast in the concession stand days. Now the Kilties have escalated their beer sales by sponsoring the Great Lakes Brew Fest each September.

They net more profit with far less effort.

Also, in 1997, the corps partially financed their DCA trip with bootleg sales of a micro-brewed batch of Kilties Mad Plaid Ale. That was how they put the FUN into FUNding.

i still have a bottle of said brew on my shelf........just to have.........would not think it could be consumed after all these years.

................cest la vie............. :thumbup:

i still have a bottle of said brew on my shelf........just to have.........would not think it could be consumed after all these years.

................cest la vie............. :thumbup:

"Ditto" Hairbear, but they are empty bottles..Kemo sucked them down years ago. :smile:

Gotta luv those "bootleggers" :worthy: cya at the Kiltie Klassic. What a great line-up of Junior corps and of course the Mad Plaid!

Looking forward to a weekend with the Kilts.