Lying about corps experience

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine anyone putting their drum corps experience down on their resume. Unless they are possibly applying for a job with a marching band or corps.

I've worked for quite a few companies since I aged out and have only come accross a couple of people who even KNOW what drum corps is.

Having to LIE about marching? Now that's just sad.

Why? Like any lie of that nature...low self-esteem. Just my guess.

I'm also guessing that someone who would lie about Drum Corps on a resume would probably be the kind of person who lies about alot of other things as well. I wouldn't trust their own name on that resume. :lol:

I have met quite a few people who have been. A guy I marched with lied about having past corps experience with a top 6 drum corps.

The funniest part is that a year later he said he marched 07 Madison Scouts, keeps tagging himself in pictures. Only one problem though.... he's tagging himself in there pictures from 2006. Which is quite impossible, considering he was with us all summer.

Edited by no_itsnotadash

A guy approached me a few months ago at a football game. He had apparently heard from one of the directors that I marched with Crown. He told me that he marched BD, SCV, Cavaliers, and then marched his ageout at Crown in 05.

None of the Crown 05 members I've talked to even know who this guy is. I have no idea who the guy is, but it seemed pretty pathetic that someone would falsify a corps experience to try and make themselves look cooler.

It happens - there are many people out there that also say "ya, I could've marched with (???), but I didn't." That infuriates me. If you could've, then you should've. I have found that some people also say, since they went to a few practices, and perhaps was in the corps for several months, they are veterans of that corps. As if.

Since I did march, and lived local, I marched the entire calendar year with my corps - but that might be old school era. I realize that members today - perhaps students - are not physcially able to live near the corps of their choice until May.

In Allentown this past July, a friend stopped by our tailgate party. A load of memories were brought up. A mutual fried of a friend says, "oh, I know this woman that marched with 27th in 1981" I have a pretty good memory of folks that marched, and there were a few other alumni hanging with us. The kicker was, the woman claimed to be 27th rifle, and those women are famous. Trouble is, this woman was a total liar.

When I do meet someone who claims to have marched (and I doubt), I always ask if they remember "John Doe" or "Mary Doe" making up a fictitious name. When they say "oh yes - he/she was so cool" I just laugh and keep their lie a secret.

I marched in all twelve BD championship shows.................

(It's true, It's True)

I have marched in not only one, but all top three DCI finalist places EACH year for the last eighty seven years.

Pretty impressive, eh?