OT-TO ALL YOU PATRIOTS FANS....

sorry but you are soooooooo wrong. bob griese was younger then brady. dan marino was younger then brady. they have problems that need to be addressed . there are blue prints but i won't argue cause i know i'm right.i've been a fan for 48 years and what i say is true. it's over. things don't last forever and time marches on. the steeler dynasty lasted 6 years. dallas about 5. 49'ers about 7 . times up.

Not for nothing, but weren't we talking about dynasty's and how they ended? Since when were the Miami Dolphins a dynasty? I didn't say Brady was the youngest QB ever! Marino? Great QB , only got to the big game once, hardly a dynasty! We're talking Steelers, Cowboys and 49ers and Patriots, check it out and see how old Bradshaw, Aikmen, and Montana were when their team dynasty ended and you'll find out that I'm sooooooo right! Point is, the Patriots will have Brady, barring injury, for at least 8 more years and I'm willing to bet he'll see a couple of Super Bowls before he's done! Obviously your a Dolphin fan and I feel your pain!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but you are soooooooo wrong. bob griese was younger then brady. dan marino was younger then brady. they have problems that need to be addressed . there are blue prints but i won't argue cause i know i'm right.i've been a fan for 48 years and what i say is true. it's over. things don't last forever and time marches on. the steeler dynasty lasted 6 years. dallas about 5. 49'ers about 7 . times up.

The forty-niners "Dynasty" lasted from 1982 - 1997. Folks said the Patriots were "over" a few years ago. Brady is young, Belichek isnt going anywhere, Patriots arent going anywhere either. What does Marino have to do with anything, he never won the big game and went only once.

~G~

The forty-niners "Dynasty" lasted from 1982 - 1997. Folks said the Patriots were "over" a few years ago. Brady is young, Belichek isnt going anywhere, Patriots arent going anywhere either. What does Marino have to do with anything, he never won the big game and went only once.

~G~

about marino.........just pointing out that early in his carre the nfl got the blueprint on him and it was over.........just like brady will not win the super bowl again. your right about the 49'ers.

as far as miami goes the fins went to 3 straight super bowls and won 2. by the way they are the only unbeaten and untied team in history. i don't care about dynasty's anyway. it's over rated and brady is done and the future will bear that out.....check the history. it's over.

and thanks for feeling my pain but who said i'm a miami fan? i never said that and i'm not saying who my team is.

i love talking football on a drum corps web site......it's sooooo cool.

Hey Everyone.......when I started this thread, it was supposed to be a fun thread. I was really trying to get the attention of a good friend in Boston (of whom has not even stepped foot on this thread yet), and that is all that it was. Please everyone....keep your cool!!!

Now....let's get something straight.....

On Dec 30, the Giants LOST that game, the Patriots did not win it. The Giants KNEW what they had to do to get the job done, they just didn't get it done. In the Super Bowl, they DID!!! And whoever said the spread matters??? If your a betting man, yes it does. BUT...to the players, all that matters is the "W", and that is all I am concerned about as well.

Let's face it folks.....all day, the Patriots struggled on offense. Their first touchdown was a gift. If Anotnio Pierce would have turned towards the ball in the end zone, there would have been no flag. Who knows.....would the Patriots have scored a touchdown, or would the Giants defense have stopped them, and then New England would have had to settle for a field goal. If that is the case, we would not be having this discussion!! Was it 3 or 4 straight possesions that the Patriots had to punt? Why???? Because the Giants defense was so DOMINATING, that they flustered Tom Brady, and the most prolific offense in the NFL....THAT is why!!!! The Patriots had maybe 1 good drive the whole game. I do admit that it came at a time when it mattered the most, and yes I do admit that I thought the Giants were doomed because of it. BUT......the better team prevailed in the end with some remarkable plays (I think they should tag it "The Amazing Escape"). And don't forget, the better team does not always mean the team with the best record! The Giants proved that on their march thru the playoffs by beating Tampa Bay, Dallas and Green Bay!!! They beat 3 "better" teams to win the Super Bowl.....so who really is the better team???

Do I believe the dynasty is over? Hmmmm....tough to say. History does dictate it, but I still would not count out the Patriots just yet. They are just too good to be considered done with. Their offense is still pretty good although donincardonna makes a strong point that the Giants proved they have figured out the offensive scheme of the Patriots, and the rest of the NFL will follow. Their defense does have to get an upgrade. Junior, Bruschi and Asante Samuel might all be gone after this year....they are 3 major players on the Patriots defense they might have to fill. Plus.....I think they lost that 7th overall pick in the draft this year due to "spygate" as part of their fine, didn't they? I do have a feelling that the Bengals will trade Brad Johnson to the Patriots for someone.......but that is a whole other discussion.....

It may be a couple of years (Maybe 2 or 3) for the Patriots to get back to the Super Bowl, but I do believe they will be there again. But....they do need to be careful. A very close eye will be on them for the next couple of years to make sure there are no cameras where they shouldn't be!

Edited by FPonzo

Hey Ponzo, quit trolling up the chowderheads! ( milk style that is )

You should just let folks know who the halftime entertainment used to be in the old days when it was a game considered to be a huge game!

That's right folks, Cabs were to the Giants what Kate Smith is to the Flyers!

Anyone else notice that the car Eli won is a black Caddy SUV?

( Early this year the face of Cadillac in this area was Tiki Barber in a black Cad SUV commercial)!

Remembering the good ole days with Dan Goich at defensive tackle ( aargh )

the but was Giants were just lucky.....when you have a whiny-### qb who get's everything he wants....

(btw, I'm not a fan of either team...I just wanted NE (the much better team) to win)

Don't worry Frank, just ignore Steve.

That's what we did in the OT forums, and he eventually went away.

Do you folks know that there is an entire thread dedicated to this over in the OT section?

about marino.........just pointing out that early in his carre the nfl got the blueprint on him and it was over.........just like brady will not win the super bowl again. your right about the 49'ers.

as far as miami goes the fins went to 3 straight super bowls and won 2. by the way they are the only unbeaten and untied team in history. i don't care about dynasty's anyway. it's over rated and brady is done and the future will bear that out.....check the history. it's over.

and thanks for feeling my pain but who said i'm a miami fan? i never said that and i'm not saying who my team is.

i love talking football on a drum corps web site......it's sooooo cool.

Must have been quite a blueprint on Marino, he only held almost every conceivable passing record up to this year! It was the Dolphins that weren't good enough in his era to return to the big game, it wasn't Marino. Let me see now...You don't like Brady,you brought up Griese and Marino, you talk 72 Dolphins as greatest team ever, your responses are from Florida, just a wild guess on my part that you are a Dolphins fan!

Hey Everyone.......when I started this thread, it was supposed to be a fun thread. I was really trying to get the attention of a good friend in Boston (of whom has not even stepped foot on this thread yet), and that is all that it was. Please everyone....keep your cool!!!

Now....let's get something straight.....

On Dec 30, the Giants LOST that game, the Patriots did not win it. The Giants KNEW what they had to do to get the job done, they just didn't get it done. In the Super Bowl, they DID!!! And whoever said the spread matters??? If your a betting man, yes it does. BUT...to the players, all that matters is the "W", and that is all I am concerned about as well.

Let's face it folks.....all day, the Patriots struggled on offense. Their first touchdown was a gift. If Anotnio Pierce would have turned towards the ball in the end zone, there would have been no flag. Who knows.....would the Patriots have scored a touchdown, or would the Giants defense have stopped them, and then New England would have had to settle for a field goal. If that is the case, we would not be having this discussion!! Was it 3 or 4 straight possesions that the Patriots had to punt? Why???? Because the Giants defense was so DOMINATING, that they flustered Tom Brady, and the most prolific offense in the NFL....THAT is why!!!! The Patriots had maybe 1 good drive the whole game. I do admit that it came at a time when it mattered the most, and yes I do admit that I thought the Giants were doomed because of it. BUT......the better team prevailed in the end with some remarkable plays (I think they should tag it "The Amazing Escape"). And don't forget, the better team does not always mean the team with the best record! The Giants proved that on their march thru the playoffs by beating Tampa Bay, Dallas and Green Bay!!! They beat 3 "better" teams to win the Super Bowl.....so who really is the better team???

Do I believe the dynasty is over? Hmmmm....tough to say. History does dictate it, but I still would not count out the Patriots just yet. They are just too good to be considered done with. Their offense is still pretty good although donincardonna makes a strong point that the Giants proved they have figured out the offensive scheme of the Patriots, and the rest of the NFL will follow. Their defense does have to get an upgrade. Junior, Bruschi and Asante Samuel might all be gone after this year....they are 3 major players on the Patriots defense they might have to fill. Plus.....I think they lost that 7th overall pick in the draft this year due to "spygate" as part of their fine, didn't they? I do have a feelling that the Bengals will trade Brad Johnson to the Patriots for someone.......but that is a whole other discussion.....

It may be a couple of years (Maybe 2 or 3) for the Patriots to get back to the Super Bowl, but I do believe they will be there again. But....they do need to be careful. A very close eye will be on them for the next couple of years to make sure there are no cameras where they shouldn't be!

Frank, I told you Strutta is out of the country, he gets back tonight , I'm sure you'll hear from him! The Pats do have the 7th pick ( from 49ers), they lost what would have turned out to be 31st pick (their own). Wasn't the score 7-3 at the half? I'm not sure but didn't the Patriots have a defense on the field that pretty much stuffed the Giants also? If Pierce turned around? Are you kidding me? He was totally beat on that play, he tried tackling Watson before the ball got to him! IF Samuel and Harrison hold on to those 2 floaters that Manning threw in the last drive we wouldn't be discussing this either! Like I said earlier, the Giants D line dominated, not the Giants! Enjoy the moment, it may be a while before you get there again.