Cadets camp clip

It's a new record. Took a whole page and a half to get negative--usually it takes less, so I guess this is a good thing. Next time, let's see if we can make it 3 pages.

Anyway, I'm having trouble connecting Vesuvius with the Pursuit of Happiness...though hearing the clip made me happy, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Ya know, I've been wondering about that myself. Nobody seemed to get it when I brought it up. For a show with the title "Pursuit of Happiness" it's got some pretty violent, not so happy things in it. American Elegy pays tribute to one of the most violent acts in recent history and Vesuvius is a song about a very violent volcano. It has erupted several times, the most famous being in 79AD and killed probably millions of people since then. It is such a great song though! I actually got to perform it near the base of Vesuvius in the city of Pompeii... luckily it didn't decide to do anything funny.

Anyways, I'm going to reserve my judgments and not listen to the clip. I guess I'd rather wait to see what it's really going to be like on the field instead of listening to several 30 second clips recorded in a crappy little gym, played at FFFFFFFFF in ... January? Maybe I'll be a little happier if/when I see it this summer.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to early recordings of years past, this is VERY good. I'm impressed, should be cool.

Ya know, I've been wondering about that myself. Nobody seemed to get it when I brought it up. For a show with the title "Pursuit of Happiness" it's got some pretty violent, not so happy things in it.

I'm guessing the violent nature of the song represents the struggle that people have to go through in order to continue their pursuit of happiness.

Edited by Coathope

They dont ever have to water anything down again... just mic the 12 best players in the hornline and crank em up!!

Thanks for the negativity.

I love the rrrrrrrrruuuunnnnsss!!!!

I love Jay Bocook!!

don't like Vesuvius much, but this sounds pretty good. Once the trumpets get cleaned up this is going to sound good, I think.

~>conner

that was only a small clip.

there are 10 minutes leftover for a splendid oration. :laughing:

Fail...

The poster in question complimented the clip, not the other 10 minutes, and said they hoped the cadets didnt ruin it with narration. The rest of the show is irrelevent to this post.

I'm guessing the violent nature of the song represents the struggle that people have to go through in order to continue their pursuit of happiness.

Yeah....the show is called 'the pursuit of happiness', not 'happiness'. Im pretty sure the message will be about finding happiness in life, even through less than happy times. Not saying im in love with the story, but its pretty silly to say the show doesnt work because its not all sunshine and roses.

Fail...

The poster in question complimented the clip, not the other 10 minutes, and said they hoped the cadets didnt ruin it with narration. The rest of the show is irrelevent to this post.

I see your fail and give you a Win.

I figured even before I clicked on the link that the over/under for a narration/amped brass comment was about 4 posts. And I am in no way a fan of either. Still sounded good, for a 30 second clip. I am not going to say OMG they ROXORZ or anything... because it was a 30 second clip. But what I did here was cool.

And, BTW, they WILL have to clean... they can't mic the 12 best guys until 09. :laughing:

jaw.gif

Wow!

You know, I'm thinking they could just go right into Phantom of the Opera after they hit that last chord. :laughing: