SO......what do you do?

I'm a sheperd.

Occasionally I moonlight by collecting various garments and items made of wool, comprehensively separate all of the fibers and restore to the sheep that which was wrongly taken from them.

#### Rich! if i'd realized you provided this service, instead of packing up the winter sweaters i would just have shipped them out to you. :ph34r:

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, I'll be the one to kill it! :smile:

I'm a middle school teacher at a small Catholic school in Ellicott City, MD. I teach LA, Science and Religion. I make the 45 minute commute from Frederick County to work during the week, and then a 90 minute drive to Manassas Park on the weekends to be with Shenandoah Sound. Guess which drive I enjoy more! :doh:

btw..Shenandoah Sound is still looking for more members..come on down guys!! :doh:

Thanks for jumping on that "grenade" for me... hehe :ph34r:

(Your not that far from us over here, near Chestertown MD)

Thank God neither of us ended this one :doh:

Thanks again Frank! (See ya Saturday!)

And ten you stomp them.... :guinesssmilie:

"What I Do":

I could tell you, my pretties, but then you would have to be destroyed by me. :thumbup:

Elphaba

So, I related earlier, that I put truck drivers to work... I just accepted an application and interviewed an older gentleman named Anton Dvorak. No joke!

I asked if he was related to the great composer. He said he wasn't sure...maybe.

Anyone for a little "New World Symphony"? :thumbup:

Wow! This is amazing! I don't come here for a few days and have 26 pages to read!! Great idea Frank.

I am a used car sales Manager at a Toyota Dealership in Gatineau Quebec. Its my 25th year in the business, started as a salesman, went on as Sales Manager at a Pontiac Buick dealership for 10 years, as a General Sales Manager for 3 Japanese stores for 5 years, self employed in buying and selling used cars at different Canadian auctions and there you go! My position today allows me to again march the Caballeros since I need Fridays to travel and Monday mornings to rest lol.

Can't wait to see you Frank,

Guy

Wow! This is amazing! I don't come here for a few days and have 26 pages to read!! Great idea Frank.

I am a used car sales Manager at a Toyota Dealership in Gatineau Quebec. Its my 25th year in the business, started as a salesman, went on as Sales Manager at a Pontiac Buick dealership for 10 years, as a General Sales Manager for 3 Japanese stores for 5 years, self employed in buying and selling used cars at different Canadian auctions and there you go! My position today allows me to again march the Caballeros since I need Fridays to travel and Monday mornings to rest lol.

Can't wait to see you Frank,

Guy

Thanks Guy......looking forward to seeing you again as well!

What still amazes me about this post is that there have been over 10,000 views of the thread. I do wish more people would respond to the original topic and let us know what you actually do for a living! It's a great way to meet some people that you may or may not know!!

I still like to say that we are all friends...........we just haven't all met yet!

Hope to meet some more of you soon!

I own and operate a fire protection company called Colorado Alarm in the Denver Metro area. Been in the fire business as a fireman and commerical operator for 20 years. We service and install fire alarms, sprinkler systems, commerical cooking systems as well as fire extinguishers and exit lights.

I am looking to start a performance arts center here in Denver to help musicians who don't have any place to perform or learn music get a start in music. Also introduce new people to Drum corps in the Cololrado area. Hopeful kick off date for the center is September 08! I'm also looking at incorporating an indoor facility geared towards indoor drum corps, percussion lines, guard, as well as adding a physical conditioning and training center geared towards performance arts to build up stamina on and off the field and during rehearsals and performances. The idea keeps morphing but that is the general idea.

Edited by highcountrymike

Elphaba said:

"I could tell you, my pretties, but then you would have to be destroyed by me."

Wsssb commented:

"The passive voice is something that should not be used by someone."

If memory serves me, Elphaba did not use passive voice. She used the Present Perfect Conditional tense in the active voice.

I believe the passive voice construction would be something like: "But then, you would have to have been destroyed by me." And in this context, it would not be necessary to use passive voice, which she did not. It's been awhile since I taught this stuff, so I could be wrong.

Sorry to digress from the thread, but Wssb's off-topic comment puzzled me. You can take the English teacher out of the classroom, but you can't take the classroom out of the teacher.

Now, back to the careers!

Elphaba said:

"I could tell you, my pretties, but then you would have to be destroyed by me."

Wsssb commented:

"The passive voice is something that should not be used by someone."

If memory serves me, Elphaba did not use passive voice. She used the Present Perfect Conditional tense in the active voice.

I believe the passive voice construction would be something like: "But then, you would have to have been destroyed by me." And in this context, it would not be necessary to use passive voice, which she did not. It's been awhile since I taught this stuff, so I could be wrong.

Sorry to digress from the thread, but Wssb's off-topic comment puzzled me. You can take the English teacher out of the classroom, but you can't take the classroom out of the teacher.

Now, back to the careers!

Retired too long John? Too much time on your hands??? :tongue:

ZEEEEEEEEEEZ.....talk about being literal!!! LOL

See you Saturday John!