Will you attend the DCI Countdown this year?

Will You Go?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to the DCI Countdown this year?

• Yes.
    • No.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah....But, if it was going to be a "Classic" Countdown, I'd pay four times the asking price, for a ticket.

Unless they build a movie theater in remote Alaska in time for the show, I won't be making it. But yeah I'd go if I could... I heart PR06.

I haven't been paying much attention to this countdown deal since I can't go but why only 6 shows... seems so short!

yes, more excuse to hang out with corps friends

wish the big screen could be accompanied by big sound

can I bring my own sound reinforcement and make it loud?

I will be going, and I am looking forward to it. While I would prefer a more robust and varied line-up, as well, I only have a few opportunities to experience "larger then life" drum corps each year. Geographically, I am limited to maybe two shows, and the two theater events.

It's interesting to me to read the different reasons that people will attend or not attend this event. For me, they could put the crazy door shows up there on a loop, and I would still attend, and I was not a fan.

I also own the DVDs of these shows, but that does not really matter. Watching it with a big enthusiastic crowd is worth the price of admission. The only other time I have ever seen such extended applause and excitement in a movie theater was at the end of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings movies.

God, am I a total dork, or what?

Anyway, I'm really suprised to read how many people think it's not worth the money. Is $10 really too much? That suggests that it's worth paying something, just not $10. So, it begs the question, what price do they need to hit in order for you to see the value? Unless you're bringing a family of four, or have to spend another bunch of money on gas, I find this surprising.

I also think it's regrettable that many folks seem to be boycotting because of the lack of legacy shows. Maybe I am misinterpreting these posts, and that it simply goes back to show preference, and not a politcal statement. I hope so, becuase if it's a boycott, then I fear this may backfire as a tactic. If attendance is not good at these events, they will simply cancel them. Then we definately won't be seeing any older shows.

I guess I must count myself among those that want to support the event to help make sure that it comes back. Even though the format is not the best, for me, it's better then nothing...or even crazy door shows on a loop.

Oh, and by far the coolest reason to attend: "I want to see myself on the big screen." Sounds a little vain when I type it out, but I think it would be cool, too. I'll be waiting for 1992 Carolina Crown to get some votes in future years. :tongue: