Cadets Camp Video - Part 2!

I like the clip, but I hate the fact that they are in the auditorium for ensemble. Can't really hear as much as I would like, but either way, I am sure they're going to be good.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhmm... what's up with the rudy thing... I just found that kind of ... odd..

"06 was not the time"

"the time is now!"

...oh please

nice horn parts as usual.

Rudy is the nickname of Cadets' assistant director Justin Heimbecker

If I remember correctly, he had a campaign for Prom King in 06 and lost

How are regular people supposed to know and recognize that?

It seems very weird to me, that's all.

It's a fun inside joke that anyone who has had any involvement with the Cadets over the past three years will enjoy. Keep in mind that All-Access is directed chiefly at parents of marching members and people who personally interact with the corps.

It's a fun inside joke that anyone who has had any involvement with the Cadets over the past three years will enjoy. Keep in mind that All-Access is directed chiefly at parents of marching members and people who personally interact with the corps.

That's cool I guess, I still think it's weird though.

I like it, but ensemble intonation might be a little overbearing.

I'm having trouble imagining how ensemble intonation can be overbearing. I'm guessing you mean they're out of tune? Yeah that happens when 72 people play on instruments they haven't played on ever/in months.

How are regular people supposed to know and recognize that?

It seems very weird to me, that's all.

The others hit it on the head. Its true - its designed for people that know/follow the corps, but its actually been a pretty prominent feature on most of their all access broadcasts. In other words, its not new... Rudy was actually the one of the baritone's techs in 06, and being the section leader, I was in charge of getting his staff gift for the banquet - so I went on cafepress and got him a bunch of 'vote for rudy' buttons, and a shirt. It was pretty easy, since at that time, Rudy Gulliani's campaign was in full swing, so I didnt even have to design anything myself :tongue:

That's cool I guess, I still think it's weird though.

it makes a little more sense if you know that sometime during the terrible part of spring training (week three), the corps has a "prom" on one of the nights. it isn't really formal -- just put on some normal clothes and be college kids for a couple of hours.

the more oppressive the spring training site, the crazier it gets. at allentown college (mildly secluded), it was more like a "party." at camp greeley (very bad place in quasi-remote setting) in 2000, it was supposed to be an ice cream social, and ended up being a (nearly) all-nighter down by the basketball courts. at camp pontiac in new york (the worst place on earth, also in the most remote place ever), it was in the drum line cabin. i seem to remember strobe lights and streamers and loud music and various kinds of legal, yet questionable behavior that made rehearsal the next day a little more difficult.

it is a good time. it is great to be a cadet.