DCI Finals in Bloomington

IU stadium is a great place for a drum corps show. We practiced there all the time so I can say from experience that the acoustics are really good. In addition, the seating configuration puts the fans a little closer to the field than most stadiums as well. The DCI Mid-America regional was held there and the city was able to accommodate everyone just fine as far as I know.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame DCI couldn't have brought finals to Bloomington just a few years ago, when I was still attending. Still, it's only an hour drive for me from the north side of Indy, and it's an excuse to visit my second hometown once more. Haha, maybe I'll offer up my futon if anyone needs a place to crash.

It's a shame DCI couldn't have brought finals to Bloomington just a few years ago, when I was still attending. Still, it's only an hour drive for me from the north side of Indy, and it's an excuse to visit my second hometown once more. Haha, maybe I'll offer up my futon if anyone needs a place to crash.

I'm thinking some of us should put together a "tour package" and become guides for the weekend. :thumbup:

anyone see the new press release from DCI that cam out yesterday...

link to DCI press release

I found this interesting, from the first lines

On Friday, April 4, Drum Corps International announced that it would have to relocate its 2008 World Championships to the 52,000-seat Memorial Stadium, on the campus of Indiana University (IU) in Bloomington, Ind. Originally scheduled to be held in the new Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, the new facility will not be available in time for this year’s set of events

so, that really doesn't fit with what was said on this thread, many stated that DCI did not adjust their web site or let folks know last Friday...or even this week end

so what give, are some of the posters here liars or is DCI back dating their info in a weasle move and they are the ones having a truth problem?

edit to fix link

Edited by cowtown

I'm thinking some of us should put together a "tour package" and become guides for the weekend. :thumbup:

For a fee, of course... :ninja:

For a fee, of course... :thumbup:

Oh, but of course... :ninja:

so, that really doesn't fit with what was said on this thread, many stated that DCI did not adjust their web site or let folks know last Friday...or even this week end

so what give, are some of the posters here liars or is DCI back dating their info in a weasle move and they are the ones having a truth problem?

edit to fix link

wait...wait.... I'll take "Who Gives A #### for $1000 Alex!"

.....does it matter? really? There are people that won't find out for another month, but I'm sure they'll adjust.

wait...wait.... I'll take "Who Gives A #### for $1000 Alex!"

.....does it matter? really? There are people that won't find out for another month, but I'm sure they'll adjust.

Seconded. All the people that have nothing better to do (us)... knew about it on the 4th. I dont think it was up on DCI's site till a few days later, but the people that didnt find out until now (or still dont know) arent going to care whether the official date was the 4th or the 6th, or whether that was central or mountain time, or what some dci admin said on dcp....

edit to fix link

Just to clarify ....

My point the other day was that, yes DCI did have a news release on their main page as of Friday evening. But at that time, there had been no direct communication with the customers who had already purchased tickets thru the Fantastic 5 program. So if you aren't a DCPer and/or don't go to DCI.org everyday -- a combination that applies to the majority of fans I would wager -- you wouldn't have heard anything about this.

Secondly, there were other parts of the DCI website that still advertised Finals at Indy including still being able to purchase tickets for same and make hotel reservations.

I AM NOT TRYING TO REVISIT THIS STUFF -- All of this has since been resolved. I am merely clarifying what cow is asking -- no, the posters were not lying and no, DCI has not back-dated any news releases.

Thank God I'll be marching on the field and not having to sit in those bleachers. :thumbup:

Edited by MagicBobert