DCI Finals in Bloomington

My ONLY point is that it was a missed opportunity for DCI to be out in front of this from a communications standpoint. Not whining, just offering a business perspective that more than once I've seen DCI fall short on this front and here was another opportunity to improve their customer service that was missed. They are rightly upset that they learned of this from a third-party news source. Hopefully, they will take that to heart and do their best to make sure their paying customers don't suffer the same fate. That's all :ph34r:

About this, we are in total agreement.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets for Lucas Stadium and hotel information for DCI Championships in INDY are still available at dci.org. Get 'em while they're hot! :ph34r:

If you still buy tickets for LOS after navigating away from a DCI homepage that is blaring an announcement that Nats have moved to Bloomington, then you are getting what you deserve.

...... I am familar with Bloomington and IU and they definitely do not have the resources and facilities to host this type of event. Four months notice makes the success of DCI Championship week a major challenge for everyone!

Sorry, but you are obviously not familiar with Memorial Stadium. In the early 90s that stadium hosted some of the best run regionals in the twenty six or so years of the activity I have been involved in. Both from a spectator and performing point of view. I very much doubt that it will have to face the crowd numbers in easily handled in the early 90s even for finals this season. The activity is just a bit smaller. Parking will be far better then such beloved places as Camp Randall and the stadium's layout and acoustics are perfect for our needs. I speak from having spent more hours of my life on that turf playing then the average bear in this forum.

It is sad and maybe a bit inconvenient that we will have to drive an hour of so to the show, but at least the backup venue will be perfect for our needs. In fact far superior to many of the fields this event has been held on in the past and even recently. Not having to be guinea pigs for a still teething facility might be a silver-lining of sorts. Next year we will head into Lucas Oil with much better knowledge of its acoustics, angles, and parking. I look forward to seeing both stadiums in action so to speak.

Edited by mchromik

DCI did a regional at Bloomington in 1989......maybe a few other times too.....

DCI Mid-America ran from 1988 through 1993, to the end of Star's run (not too surprisingly). And yes, it was a great show.

my last comment....which i don't know has been touched....cause i refuse to read 20+ page of this...

But IMO it's better for DCI to not be in Indy the first year of the stadiums existence. Gives the stadium sometime to fix any problems or add anything they forgot. Heck, RayJay in Tampa forgot to put in cup holders the first season!! But you bet those were the FIRST things people saw when they went in there the next season.

It's like waiting for the 2nd generation of a product (like Ipods...you never wanna buy 1st generation cause there's ALWAYS gonna be kinks)