madison and cavies?

Edmonton, 1970's, population about 300,000. At least 3 co-ed drum corps, plus feeder corps and 2 all girls corps. I don't recall major issues. Plenty of drum corps for everyone.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, Madison Scouts actually signs you up as a Scout.

I seem to remember some kind of lawsuit along those lines during the '80s... can't remember what corps, though. I do know that shortly thereafter Santa Clara started admitting women into both their horn and drum lines.

in order to win a civil lawsuit and receive damages you have to show actual harm, and prove liability for that harm, and i think that would be very difficult to do in this case because girls have a lot of access to dci, and can get the same benefit from marching with phantom or the cadets that a boy gets from marching with madison or the cavs.

I suppose we can sue the Los Angeles Lakers for only allowing men on the team as well.

Isn't Kobe still a Laker? :ph34r:

The Madison Scouts are Venturing troop with the Boy Scouts of America.

Venturing troops can have girls. So that has nothing to do with it.

I'm glad you had this answer. I was going to mention that at LER we all were signed up as boy scouts as part of the corps insurance, but never knew how this worked with females in the corps as I don't know boy scout rules and such.

Just curious, but do either of these two corps ever have girls that actively try and audition?

I doubt it but it may have happened. I'm sure most of us remember Carmen in 2005. The scouts had a guest member that was a female. Great dancer if I remember correctly. I recently read that she just got engaged to a Scouts staff member.

I doubt it but it may have happened. I'm sure most of us remember Carmen in 2005. The scouts had a guest member that was a female. Great dancer if I remember correctly. I recently read that she just got engaged to a Scouts staff member.

Did she dance

or

prance?? :ph34r: