madison and cavies?

First of all, wouldn't someone have to be a big enough arse to attempt this in the first place? This is just something that an individual would do out of spite and in no way would serve the population as a whole any good. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia gained Title VIIII exemption AFTER they had female members of the Fraternity. Frankly, the only people who would be ballsy enough to attempt something of this nature are heartless and lonely. And that's probably their own fault. Just leave the guys alone. If you want an all-female corps (which I believe there have been in the past), go for it. You won't be hearing any males complaining that they aren't allowed to join the corps. It's the way things are, GROW UP AND DEAL WITH IT.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Female I LOVED the Capitolaires they were awesome!

First of all, wouldn't someone have to be a big enough arse to attempt this in the first place? This is just something that an individual would do out of spite and in no way would serve the population as a whole any good. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia gained Title VIIII exemption AFTER they had female members of the Fraternity. Frankly, the only people who would be ballsy enough to attempt something of this nature are heartless and lonely. And that's probably their own fault. Just leave the guys alone. If you want an all-female corps (which I believe there have been in the past), go for it. You won't be hearing any males complaining that they aren't allowed to join the corps. It's the way things are, GROW UP AND DEAL WITH IT.

Does PMA really allow women in? I don't think I've ever seen a chapter with even one woman, though admittedly, it's not something I've researched heavily.

If you're a private non profit orginization, you can restrict membership to midgets over the age of 16 and under 4 feet tall if you want to.
We like to be called little people . :tongue:

I suppose we can sue the Los Angeles Lakers for only allowing men on the team as well.

In all honesty, I don't think this would really be an issue if you found a woman who was truly as capable as the men on that team or any men's NBA team for that matter. I'm not saying women aren't as good or don't work as hard, but I truly believe professional basketball is one of those few sports that the flat out biological differences between men and women can't really be overcome as it is currently played.

I'm glad you had this answer. I was going to mention that at LER we all were signed up as boy scouts as part of the corps insurance, but never knew how this worked with females in the corps as I don't know boy scout rules and such.
2. The "scout" organization factor for some corps may be insurance related. I'm not sure if it's still happening, but the Troopers organization was insured through a scouting organization when I marched. I assume Madison is still in this category.
Yeah...the costs are a LOT lower!! That's how En Garde is getting both it's non-profit status and insurance coverage.

I know in at least one of my years in Freelancers we all signed up as a member of a Scout organization, I think for the same insurance reasons Sam mentioned. I'm pretty sure it was under the Explorer Scouts group which I was already a member of in high school and that organization accepts both male and female members.

1. Speaking only for my female self, I've never had a problem with gender-specific corps membership. As someone else said, there are plenty of corps opportunities for females, so there's no issue with that.
Hard as it may be to picture, there are actually some of us who marched in mixed-sex corps (interesting term) who respect the idea of all-male corps.

I don't know about the stats that were quoted, but I am sure that a majority of women wish the same for Cavies/Scouts.

In five years of junior corps I never once heard a female member complain once about the Cavies and Scouts being all-male. Didn't bother me a bit. Just more eye candy. :ph34r:

As I have browsed through this 9-page (to-date) thread, an advertisement for Odyssey ("All Female Touring Show") has been the top banner of every page I have opened. I hope they come to Houston...I'll bring a diamond ring with me to the show!