madison and cavies?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe she did both! She was very good though.

Yes, she was.

yeah, Madison Scouts actually signs you up as a Scout.

still? I thought that got phased out.

I doubt it but it may have happened. I'm sure most of us remember Carmen in 2005. The scouts had a guest member that was a female. Great dancer if I remember correctly. I recently read that she just got engaged to a Scouts staff member.

I think for the exact reason of the subect of this thread she was considered a guest performer as opposed to a member.

I think for the exact reason of the subect of this thread she was considered a guest performer as opposed to a member.

Guest performer? I guess it's all semantics then? Was she counted in the total of 135 MM? If so kind of hard to not clasify her as a member. If NOT counted in the 135 then thats a pretty tricky way to get more members on the field. Just clasify your contra line as guest performers and you get to march 12-14 over the cap!

Guest performer? I guess it's all semantics then? Was she counted in the total of 135 MM? If so kind of hard to not clasify her as a member. If NOT counted in the 135 then thats a pretty tricky way to get more members on the field. Just clasify your contra line as guest performers and you get to march 12-14 over the cap!

Does it really matter? She was awesome and the center of the show. 2005 Madison was great!

In Canada, girls are allowed in the Boys Scouts, but I've never heard of boys joining the Girl Guides or Brownies. Lots of sports have male and female leagues, but I don't know of any other activity where all males compete against co-eds.

Funny we used to have a lot of corps in All-Girls, but the All-Boys were never separate. If a girl ever really pushed to join Madison or Cavies, it would be an interesting fight, but I think most girls with the desire respect the traditions of these corps.

If you're a private non profit orginization, you can restrict membership to midgets over the age of 16 and under 4 feet tall if you want to.

Moreso than anything else, neither corps is in serious danger of a suit because girls are not denied the ability to participate in similar groups at the same level. There are other corps that allow both sexes that compete at the same level, so Scouts and Cavies would argue that their exclusion does not prevent any women from participating, since they can join many other similar groups.