Summer Predictions

I'm not saying this just because I'm in Cru, but I really think we have a chance to be in the Top 5! I have a few friends in Brigs & from what I have heard, I think we could beat them this year. Also, I have many friends in Statesmen too, but I think we could beat them in a caption or two.

Once again, I'm not just saying this because I'm in Cru. We have had many people come in from different corps and they came in and watched us. EVERY person that walked through those doors have dropped their chins to the floor in amazement. :tongue:

Actually, I was amazed with the progress Cru made last year, One thing I would say is though, don't get too caught up in hype. There's an old saying "believe half of what you see and none of what "you hear"

Continue to work as hard as you possibly can and good things will happen no matter what.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I was amazed with the progress Cru made last year, One thing I would say is though, don't get too caught up in hype. There's an old saying "believe half of what you see and none of what "you hear"

Continue to work as hard as you possibly can and good things will happen no matter what.

my sentiments exactly. been there & done that.

What's the big wrap on Chuck Norris? I think renegades will surprise alot of people and crack top 5, but thats's my sole oppinion

1. Chuck Norris

2. Chuck Norris

3. Chuck Norris

4. Chuck Norris

5. Chuck Norris

6. Chuck Norris

7. Chuck Norris

8. Chuck Norris

9. Chuck Norris

10. Chuck Norris

11-23. Everyone else.

Actually, truth be known, Chuck Norris does not get slotted by DCA. Where ever Chuck Norris is, becomes first place. Other corps are slotted by the judges around Chuck Norris.

Ryan J

Well all this is fun, I have never been one for predictions. Back in the day it was not uncommon for a corps to make big strides during the season who could forget 86 (I have tried) but Bush came on like a buzz saw in the finales and knocked us all back a few pegs.

DCA has changed over the years, it seams the corps that is the most ready at the beginning of the season has the upper hand.

So!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don’t want to miss the DCA Opener “Cabs at the Beach” at Historic Maxwell Field in Wildwood NJ. Mark the Date June 21, 2008

Ticket information will be posted in a few days.

Shameless Plug :tongue:

I'm not saying this just because I'm in Cru, but I really think we have a chance to be in the Top 5! I have a few friends in Brigs & from what I have heard, I think we could beat them this year. Also, I have many friends in Statesmen too, but I think we could beat them in a caption or two.

Once again, I'm not just saying this because I'm in Cru. We have had many people come in from different corps and they came in and watched us. EVERY person that walked through those doors have dropped their chins to the floor in amazement. :tongue:

Been there, heard that.

See earlier in this thread for my opinion on the above. You gotta be better than a lot more than only one corps to move that far.

For everything there is a first time, but my advice to the Crusaders is: don't worry about placement. As a member, one puts down his head, pins back his ears, and charges straight ahead. Only when all the dust settles does he look up to see how far he went. The horse race aspect is for all of us bleacher creatures to worry about. If you worry about how the rankings look, you're taking your eye off the real goal: maximizing your show, individually and collectively. Do that and the placements come along for the ride.

Cru has a history of peaking early. Don't PEEK (at the other corps) and you won't PEAK. As for the rest: <cue music> "See you in September!"

Actually, truth be known, Chuck Norris does not get slotted by DCA. Where ever Chuck Norris is, becomes first place. Other corps are slotted by the judges around Chuck Norris.

Ryan J

Boy if Bruce Lee was still around, we would see about that Chuck Norris prediction. :tongue:

i wasn't trying to be insulting. i have no vested interest either way. i just think it's tough coming east or north. it's a tough nut to crack for whatever the reason. like i said it really dosen't matter to me. i've been retired for 28 years . i say go for it.

peace :tongue:

nor was i........having come from ohio brass factory,1980 through 83,i have first hand experience in how tough it was to "come east" from the west. i am just saying that alot has changed,in twenty plus years,and i doubt that what happened to ohio brass,in those years,would happen today.and the best example i could come up with,for a model of sucess,was and is minn.brass.lots of corps have come out and challenged the activity,and perceptions of the day.............peace,as well.

Blousemen have hired Chuck Norris, Jack Bauer and Sarah Conner...

Well all this is fun, I have never been one for predictions. Back in the day it was not uncommon for a corps to make big strides during the season who could forget 86 (I have tried) but Bush came on like a buzz saw in the finales and knocked us all back a few pegs.

DCA has changed over the years, it seams the corps that is the most ready at the beginning of the season has the upper hand.

So!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don’t want to miss the DCA Opener “Cabs at the Beach” at Historic Maxwell Field in Wildwood NJ. Mark the Date June 21, 2008

Ticket information will be posted in a few days.

Shameless Plug :tongue:

What a great shameless plug, Alan!

Wildwood will be here before you know it. And it will be nice to see you and our friends in the Cabs again. Hope the winter has been good to you and yours.

Drum corps off-season is much like Major League Baseball. Everyone looks like a champion in Spring training! That's why we have a season.

No predictions here, just best wishes to all competing corps for a successful 2008. Of course, I am a little partial being the parent of a corps member, so I hope their season is the most successful of all!