SW FINALS

HISTORY FACT--------------2008 marks the first time since 1989 that a unit from the state of Florida has won SW (it was called high school open back then). Congrats Flanagan! And if you are wondering who won.....1989 Open Class Championships:

1. Tate

2. Miamisburg

3. Center Grove

4. Choctaw

I remember it like it was yesterday

A little more History. . .over the last 25 years, Center Grove and Miamisburg have only been out of the top 6 twice. . . .that's pretty impressive!!! Both groups are staples of excellence!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little more History. . .over the last 25 years, Center Grove and Miamisburg have only ever been out of ther top 6 twice. . . .that's pretty impressive!!! Both groups are staples of excellence!

Very impressive!! Takes a lot to keep a legacy going like that.

Shen was okay. It wasn't exactly the cleanest, I saw some nerves on faces when they went on. The crowd liked it. They performed very big and openly

but that also could be their downfall as they didn't exhibit a whole lot of control of the body.

WHAT?! NO IDEA WHAT YOU WERE WATCHING. PHENOMINAL.... BEAUTIFUL. My favories were Shen, avon and I really thought chesire and carmel were fun as heck. Shen.... stunning. Avon... sick. chesire and carmel....pure entertainment! Great class.

WHAT?! NO IDEA WHAT YOU WERE WATCHING. PHENOMINAL.... BEAUTIFUL. My favories were Shen, avon and I really thought chesire and carmel were fun as heck. Shen.... stunning. Avon... sick. chesire and carmel....pure entertainment! Great class.

Well if you want brutal and honest truth. I saw over performance instead of control in movement and a curtain that cut off a quarter of the floor that could have been utilized. The equipment book, while pretty was nothing that would make me want to watch the show again.

The prop and the equipment book wasn't the performers fault.......they put their all into it but lets face it we aren't going to like

every show we see, and Shen just isn't my kind of show.

Edited by Musical_Spinner

Congrats to all units competeing this weekend!

Glad Flanagan pulled it off. Not to say Avon didn't deserve it. Their show was amazing as well. It was definitely a coin toss in my opinion.

Heard some nasty rumors though... :ninja:

In any case, thought Center Grove's show was gorgeous. Chershire was certainly a surprise, just as everyone had predicted. Glad to see Miamisburg back in the top 5 where they belong.

I could rant and rave for hours about SW, but I'll leave it at that...

Congrats to every guard that worked it at WGI this weekend; it really was one to remember! I felt like everyone really pulled out all the stops and performed their hearts out!

It was really amazing to see what all of these high schoolers can do! Props to Scholastic World becuase it was super exciting watching every single one of you. I'm so proud of everyone and I hope you're all proud of the entire season you all had.

I'm so happy for Flanagan; props to the underdog for snatching the gold. Avon's show was really remarkable as well. I was really on the edge of my seat for the last few performances and honestly thought that 1st place could fall to anyone. I was literally going mad at retreat after they announced fourth place for SW and went to IW :ninja:

That being said, and referring to the comment above by GLG Guard, I did also hear a couple of nasty rumors that really dissapointed me becuase I thought we were all in this together, and I didn't think that anyone could be such poor sports.

Anywho, congrats again to all participating guards and can't wait until next winter!!!!

Well lets leave the rumors off the board, we are an explosive group.....no rumors necessary.

That being said, and referring to the comment above by GLG Guard, I did also hear a couple of nasty rumors that really dissapointed me becuase I thought we were all in this together, and I didn't think that anyone could be such poor sports.

Hate to add fuel to the flame, but the poor sportsmanship was a disappointment!

I don't care who you are or where you're from -- there's just no room for it, especially of that nature.