Quick Thoughts

Guardguy89

Get it Gin

for not letting the haters get to you!

I saw you guys at finals and I thought you all were wonderful, good job with those kids.

I was gonna introduce myself but I had to get with my group.

Good luck next season!

AMEN

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the fact that they had an extra black tarp to cover up any beige that would been seen backstage :)?

re: phantom regiment,i noticed that clever detail too!

i asked this on another thread but did you notice the chevron image upper right stage?

as many of you are already well aware........ i really liked this show. :tongue:

in retrospect,was staging a problem for them?they certainly moved beautifully,they spin like nobody else,have lovely production values[great super-saturated color scheme].they were aesthetically superior to many groups that finished ahead of them.

thanks regiment!

Edited by dugg

I think Phantom's issue was being a bit dirty in the weapons department... but I did think they should have gotten much more credit for the actual stuff they were doing - much more difficult stuff than groups ahead of them. And the GE judges should have loved their moments... oh well. I loved it!! Can't wait to see PR this summer!!

The problem I had with Phantom's show is there were no highs and lows - it seemed to be one big exercise in staging. I don't think the musical choice really helped either. I could appreciate what they were doing (and especially how) but they never generated that emotional connection which is so important (to me at least).

That said - I can't wait to see what they do with Spartacus this summer :tongue:

Later,

Mike

As I watched a number of guards during the weekend in Dayton, I noticed quite a few who used sickle rifles instead of your everyday humdrum. I think on another thread, it was mentioned that sickles don't count toward an equipment score, so my question is what are the advantages to using sickles as opposed to regular rifles?

I probably sound like a "newbie" (is that even the right term? lol) but the question came up with a friend of mine at World Class finals as we sat to watch Phantom. He said something about the spin looking different. Is that true?

The problem I had with Phantom's show is there were no highs and lows - it seemed to be one big exercise in staging. I don't think the musical choice really helped either.

I totally said that earlier this season. I even expected them to change some stuff to help that issue. Oh wells....the show turned out pretty good anyways.

As I watched a number of guards during the weekend in Dayton, I noticed quite a few who used sickle rifles instead of your everyday humdrum. I think on another thread, it was mentioned that sickles don't count toward an equipment score, so my question is what are the advantages to using sickles as opposed to regular rifles?

I probably sound like a "newbie" (is that even the right term? lol) but the question came up with a friend of mine at World Class finals as we sat to watch Phantom. He said something about the spin looking different. Is that true?

I talked with the guy in the booth selling the sickle rifles, and he said that he went to a meeting with the WGI board and had sickles approved as valid equipment. He also said that they were first created for groups who do international travel because it's easier to get them through customs.

That said, have you seen the Airblade from bandshoppe.com? I've ordered one, I can't wait to see how it spins! (I'm not affiliated with them.)

I talked with the guy in the booth selling the sickle rifles, and he said that he went to a meeting with the WGI board and had sickles approved as valid equipment. He also said that they were first created for groups who do international travel because it's easier to get them through customs.

That said, have you seen the Airblade from bandshoppe.com? I've ordered one, I can't wait to see how it spins! (I'm not affiliated with them.)

Oh wow, that's interesting! I had no idea... Thanks :)

And I've seen it, but I wonder how it will actually look... I must admit, I'm skeptical... :bluedevil:

re: phantom regiment,i noticed that clever detail too!

i asked this on another thread but did you notice the chevron image upper right stage?

as many of you are already well aware........ i really liked this show. :bluedevil:

in retrospect,was staging a problem for them?they certainly moved beautifully,they spin like nobody else,have lovely production values[great super-saturated color scheme].they were aesthetically superior to many groups that finished ahead of them.

thanks regiment!

For Dugg! :-)

slideshow_502992_ddn041308wintergua.jpg

thanks,how beautiful!

i found their use of curves very appealing.the additional apperatus demonstrated yet another skill level and added depth and range to the regiment's program.i loved the "stream of consciousness" design of the show and found them most refreshing amidst their competition.

everyone is anticipating their summer sword and sandal super spectacular "spartacus",including me!et tu brute? :thumbup:

here's a wgi SW haiku someone sent to me:

although logan did not attend

the guard that looked

most like them did win

-anonymous- :bluedevil:

Edited by dugg