Best 4th Place Show?

It made me laugh, Cop. And for the record, I love Madison 95. I don't think there are many people who don't like it, really.

you mean except for the dci judges, who liked 3 shows better in 95? i'm not sure what finals diss baffles me more, 95 scouts or 93 star. clearly the best shows of their years by a substantial margin.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was an easy one for me. i love the 74 muchachos, and 80 spirit, and 90 blue devils, and 03 regiment, but seriously, only one corps can get my vote here---

95 MADISON SCOUTS

This is one of the best slots of all, IMO the fourth place shows would wipe the floor with the third place shows.

For me, the pick's gotta be SCV 2000. Other shows can make my blood rush or my hair stand on end, but no show makes me feel warm all over the way that this show does.

HM: Blue Devils 1993, Scouts 1995, Cavaliers 1998, SCV 2001, Phantom 2003, Bluecoats 2006 & 2007 (oh yes, I went there :blush: )

you mean except for the dci judges, who liked 3 shows better in 95? i'm not sure what finals diss baffles me more, 95 scouts or 93 star. clearly the best shows of their years by a substantial margin.

Meh... guard was decent, there wasn't a whole lot of visual effect. Yeah, it had some really really awesome visual moments, but BD, Cavies, and Cadets had it topped in overall visual package in my opinion. Still one of the best musical books ever, and one of the most energetic, balls-to-the-wall shows of all-time.

Thought that reading through other people's picks would help me decide...not so much. This isn't an actual vote yet.

95 Madison...I mean, C'MON! Malaga's screamer after screamer section gets my adrenaline going like nothing else, and that final company front bull rush still makes every hair on me jump up. Did that lucky son of a gun matador guard member go utterly deaf over the season or what?! :blush:

99 Cadets...Tangy, yet sophisticated! :smile:

2000 SCV...If someone were to ever ask me for a definition of sonority, I'd just have them listen to Adagio for Strings. Then I'd have to kill them, 'cause they'd never give me the CD back. :tongue:

2003 Phantom...What's that I hear? A seriously beautiful MELODY?! Wow, and I thought this was Drum Corps! :tongue:

2006 Bluecoats...So...frakking...GOOD, from first pit & tuba lick to last hand-holding "awww" moment. :blush:

2007 Phantom...1. Intense Phillip Glass Birds 2. Pretty Pretty Love Birds 3. Scary Crazy Drumming Birds. 4. FIREBIRD!!! :cool:

I really could live off of 4th place shows!

What about those of us who have seen Madison 95 and didn't vote for it? Are we just crazy? :blush:

I'm sorry - does your therapist know you're off your meds and posting on here? :tongue:

Oh, snap. :blush:

I think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder, and I've read that symptoms might include liking some drum corps shows more than others. But, since Tom Cruise said therapy and happy pills don't do anything, I guess I'm screwed.

Oh, snap. :blush:

I think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder, and I've read that symptoms might include liking some drum corps shows more than others. But, since Tom Cruise said therapy and happy pills don't do anything, I guess I'm screwed.

Nah, just move to a sunnier climate. worked for me. :tongue:

While I really, truly enjoy a crapload of great drum corps shows, there are only a few that make me really really wish i could have seen them live. Everytime I listen to 95 Madison (and that's a lot), hearing the crowd sustain a volume louder than the corps for the entire final minute, and then hearing the corps actually come close to being louder than tens of thousands of people...I can't even describe the feeling. If time travel is ever a reality, I won't go back in time to see an influential point in human history...I'd go back to 95 and watch Madison absolutely destroy my face.