Best 4th Place Show?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll dodge the capri suns with you. this has got to be one of the cheesiest drum corps shows ever.

I get where you guys are coming from...but I still like it. I understand why it didnt score higher (and many dont), but I still think it was a fun show. Maybe thats because I was in college band for 5 years though... :blush:

2003 Phantom Regiment :blush:

Why do I smell a flame war about 1995 Scouts coming on?

C'mon folks. It's an opinion forum. To each his own. STFU already.

Sorry, the 95 Scouts show was the ultimate college marching band show.

I still want to know why???

Why do I smell a flame war about 1995 Scouts coming on?

C'mon folks. It's an opinion forum. To each his own. STFU already.

I'm aware that it's an opinion forum. I'm just curious about why 'drumkid' thinks that. Oh, just my opinion, but lose the 'STFU already' :blush:

edit for punctuation

Edited by MJN

Madison Scouts 95

AHHH!!!

please don't freak out ppl.

I'll be right back with a quick reply.

I am not trying to be Jerry Springer!

... I like the 95 show!

edit:

First of all, let me say it was NOT lack of talent by either the staff or performing members.

Now, why I equate it to a college band:

The show was all about the payoff... there was a bit missing to the subtleties. Feet were bad; transitions cumbersome.

Some probably enjoyed how the show because it "kept you on the edge of your seat".

That's because you knew the payoff was a-comin; and I call that predictability. So, whilst most were on the edge saying "GIVE IT TO ME, BOYS" waiting to explode in raucous jubilation, I was thinking "ok, ok, I get it: impact... let's get past it already."

If this show were done on a Saturday afternoon (ie: halftime), more than a few folks would have a greater appreciation for Stan Kenton.

Also, loud hissing sops (much like cotton candy) are good. Too much (see: "cc") makes me a little queasy.

The best part of this show (aside from Jeff Moore's overly-intellegent book) is the first dude who gets up to dance on the box... WOW! Awesome. Bet he spent a bit of time on State Street. In a good way you sickos, IN A GOOD WAY!

Seriously, great show. <--- which I said in my original post.

btw: thanks to all for having the maturity enough to discuss without taking pot-shots in defense.

Edited by drumkid