OMG! That's Brilliant! Of course we'll do it!

"Lets give 100 kids instruments and tell them to run around in an organized fashion while playing them!"

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Lets give 100 kids instruments and tell them to run around in an organized fashion while playing them!"

:tongue:

I have a few but they are both about Cap Reg.

" Ok. We know we told you you'd be in the color guard but really what your going to do is push this huge, distracting eyesore of a sundial around the field all summer. Don't worry. You still get to dress like to guard. You still get to pay full dues like everyone else, too!"

" See that trumpet player over there?"

" Yeah."

" Throw him this frisbee during the drum solo."

" WTF?"

I have one about my age-out show. It's too painful to put into words though. Actually, that show is a thread all in it's own.

OK - Now

Pink Picnic tables - Check

Microphones - check

Soundboard - check

Should we go ahead and use some brass and percussion? - Sure - Check

We do need to make that bunny costume look even more gay though. Get to work on that.

It's gonna be "Brilliant"

Edited by BigSnareline

"We're doing a show about Greek Mythology."

"Cool, I know the perfect guard uniform.....TOGAS"

"Yeah but is that any different than what these kids wear at college parties?"

"No way, we'll make them PINK!"

"AWESOME, what about the guys?"

"They can wear pink too...and just for good measure, we'll make them look less like togas and more like dresses"

"Wow, we'll surely make Finals with this show!"

"BRILLIANT"

"Man, New World Symphony is so over done. We need to Jazz it up! But How?!"

"I've got it!"

"What?!"

"RIDE CYMBAL!"

"BRILLIANT!!!"

Ditto! You picked mine...nothing like a little Neal Hefti light ride beat behind Dvorak's gorgeous melody.

Part of the problem with that is that marching band drum guys thought they could do the same sort of thing to any beautiful melody. I was judging a show in CT that fall, and at critique I was telling a very good band's drum guy how out-of-place it sounded in whatever tune they were playing, and as the guy started to mention Regiment...the band director broke in and told him "See, I TOLD you that was an awful idea...I hated it with Regiment and I've hated ours since band camp!"...and it was changed by the next time I saw them. :tongue:

" See that trumpet player over there?"

" Yeah."

" Throw him this frisbee during the drum solo."

" WTF?"

You have to admit, tho....that throwing it all the way across teh field AND having that tenor player catch -- while wearing his drums -- it was pretty impressive.

A Garden State Circuit corps I judged back in the late 70's...

Gee, we're doing "Land of Make Believe", so let's dress up some members as Mighty Mouse, Little Boy Blue, Uncle Remus and Snow White and have them dance around the field.

Hmmm....what if people don't know the lyrics to the song? How will they know who some of these charaters are...and what they are doing in this song?

Crown's show with the huge, semi-mobile chess pieces - They made so much noise (squeaking) when they moved, it was really funny.

You have to admit, tho....that throwing it all the way across teh field AND having that tenor player catch -- while wearing his drums -- it was pretty impressive.

I would have rather watched him play his drums. But yes, it was impressive to see him catch it while wearing drums. Actually, just trying to watch tenor players try to negotiate/do anything except march and play while wearing drums is endlessly entertaining.