Where For Art Thou Pearl?

The period goes outside of the parentheses.

Unless the whole sentence is inside parentheses - as in the cited example.

Ok Lance, I'll stop. :tongue:

Edited by mobrien

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I know, most corps don't own their drums. I know Yamaha loans the Cavs a new set every two years ('00-'01: wood finish, '02-'03: black w/ sparkles, '04-'05: gun metal), and then they're sold afterward at a discount. Going along with this model, what does Phantom stand to gain from a switch to Dynasty?

its* :tongue:

The Cavaliers (and other Yamaha corps) purchased the initial set of drums at a discounted rate. After that initial investment, they're able to sell the drums at a discounted rate and therefore make enough money to purchase a new "free" set every year. Yamaha in return gets the marketing benefits of the Cavaliers using their equipment plus every year and they get more of their drums out in the marketplace.

Dynasty is free for sponsored corps. There's no initial investment. Another factor is that Phantom will have more input and be able to give more direction on how Dynasty continues to develop their product for the future.

Unless the whole sentence is inside parentheses - as in the cited example.

Ok Lance, I'll stop. :tongue:

You're right.

Then again, I did make that post around 4:15 AM. You can make your own assumptions about my state of mind at that point.

Edited by TSRTS13

We solicited a bunch of quotes from pretty well-known dealers, so maybe it was a conspiracy? ;)

Yamaha is more expensive than pearl. Doesn't take much research to figure that out. More expensive because they make a better product.

Yamaha is more expensive than pearl. Doesn't take much research to figure that out. More expensive because they make a better product.

Well, IMHO from the stands during a show, Pearls just sound better. Snares are crisp and articulate with great clarity. The toms and bass drums actually have the best tone and when well tuned through the scale are very musical when used properly with the musical arrangement. JMO

Better is subjective.

It all depends on what the corps and caption head wants.

Birch (Yamaha, Ludwig, Premier) - Tight, crispy, punchy, added highs and lows.

Maple (Pearl, Dynasty) - Open, warm, added mid range.

All the drums out there from all the major manufacturers have their problems. Not one of them are free from any kind of defects or weaknesses. In Grenadiers, when they came back in the mid 90's, they started off using the first generation red and black Dynasty drums. I don't think I need to say anymore. They went to Pearl. It took a lot of work to get a good quality sound and the tenors wouldn't stay level. We then get our Yamaha deal. We only ever had minor problems with Yamaha. Tension rods snap, or the inserts for the lugs would crack. This was mainly on the tenors and 1st bass.