Best Simple Opener

While I love a big splash right off the line, I'm a sucker for the very simple opener. What your favorite simple opener? You can define simple any way you want...

For me...

BD 1988 - "Happy Days" And I'm not much of a BD fan, so that's saying a lot. Not a lot of drill. Not a lot of volume. 22 full bars of nothing but pit and a few soloist. No guard equipment other than balloons. But one of the most effective and emotional openers ever for me.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll define simple as short but sweet, and I'll go with Phantom 93. LOVE the brevity of the opener.

Short but sweet. That just screams Star 1991. I thought it was pretty unique using an "intro" like that instead of a full-length opener.

Spirit of Atlanta, 1980, "Georgia on My Mind."

Game over.

Short but sweet. That just screams Star 1991. I thought it was pretty unique using an "intro" like that instead of a full-length opener.

ouch! just can't get past all the fracked notes in that little mello feature down in front on finals night. low point of that show for me.

I always loved "Rocky Point Holiday" from the Garfield Cadets at the time. To me, that was simply beautiful. I'm married to the visual of the one you like. That was with the balloons, right?