Favorite Non Top 12 corps

I always enjoyed:

Avante Garde

Les Eclipses

Acadamie Musical

Geneseo Knights

and of course Florida Wave, I have to be a homer!

Disclaimer: No offense to the 1988 editions of the Sky Ryders and Bluecoats.....

BUT

imo

Dutch Boy came in 11th

Crossmen came in 12th

from where I was sitting.

Since that Semi finals night, I've had the privlege to march with BOTH Dutch Boy ( finally made it) and Crossmen

Semis in 1988 was a catalyst for me marching with BOTH CORPS.

Now, I sit and watch the TAPES from that night.....I still feel the same way.

ALTHOUGH....

My favorite things (SKY) and Autumn Leaves (Coats) are among my favorite arrangements from that year!!!!

I remember seeing them at their home show back in 85 and the Vagabonds looked a little small. When was their peek? Curious because I keep hearing about how good they were on this forum all the time. :whip:

S Most would say '75 was their best year as far as competition goes. By 1980, the corps lost most of it's solid players.

I loved those all girl Canadian corps for some reason. They kicked butt! I would love watching them. The ones with the weird uniform in white pink purple and head gear with the chair props. Les Eclipse right? I remember my first time to have a drink was in Canada cause it was legal then...I love Canada! :whip::whip: They loved us too (Memphis Blues). They were such fans of us I remember in Montreal in 82 being treated like rock stars and they were screaming "Elvis" (cause of our closer).

Also my corps Mb3. They were HOT! The horn line in 80, 81 and 82 (contra line) awesome stuff. :whip:

I loved those all girl Canadian corps for some reason. They kicked butt! I would love watching them. The ones with the weird uniform in white pink purple and head gear with the chair props. Les Eclipse right? I remember my first time to have a drink was in Canada cause it was legal then...I love Canada! :whip::whip: They loved us too (Memphis Blues). They were such fans of us I remember in Montreal in 82 being treated like rock stars and they were screaming "Elvis" (cause of our closer).

Also my corps Mb3. They were HOT! The horn line in 80, 81 and 82 (contra line) awesome stuff. :whip:

Weren't the white, pink, and purple ladies Les Chatelaines or something? Of course, I definitely could be wrong, since that's a memory I had to really dig way deep for . . . . . .

Weren't the white, pink, and purple ladies Les Chatelaines or something? Of course, I definitely could be wrong, since that's a memory I had to really dig way deep for . . . . . .

You're right !!

Geez, I miss those days !! :whip::whip::whip:

Pre-DCI. These are a few that I am familiar with:

St. Rocco's Cadets

OLPH Ridgemen

Our Lady of Lorretta Knights

St. Catherines of Ciena Queensmen and Marrinettes ( excues the speeling )

Paterson Police Cadets

Fairlawn Police Cadets

Many more from the NY City area back in the '60's.

Edited by dukecornwell

• 2 weeks later...
if they had more members (and better execution), that would have scored a lot higher. Here are a few from my time in junior corps.

If we only had had more members and better execution...

...we might have placed better than 43rd place in Open class in 84!!! :tongue::rock::rock: