Favorite Non Top 12 corps

Surfers

Emerald Cadets

CMCC Warriors

St. Rita's Brassmen

Beverly Cardinals

Some of the East Coast's finest - most never even attended a DCI prelims. Remember coming in 20th at World Open and feeling good about it?? There were THAT many great corps back then!

Couple of Canadian Corps-

Les Eclipse- Like watching Cirq De Soleil on the field every year. Loved them.

Ventures- My God those ladies could play! Energy, execution, and power. And did it with an air of femininity. I think when they won A class in '88 ('89? '90?), I remember thinking that they were the best thing to see in drum corps that year, bar none. More interesting and inspiring in their own way than even the Open Class corps. I remember getting weepy with happiness watching them perform.

And I remember an all-black corps from Michigan (?) who wore Bridgemen uniforms but tan, at the U.S. Open in I think '83, and they just kicked all sorts of you-know-what. I came away that night thinking they were my favorites.

Many more special moments with A,B, and C class corps over the years. Drum corps can be so cool.

I'm surprised that no ones mentioned the Marauders. 1987 when they did their Pirate show. Magic had nothing on these guys! Southwind is another one. Any year, especially since 99.

1987 Florida Wave. A fun show. Their best finish ever. I believe it was 13th.

I'm with Tonysop. Florida Wave. I must have one of the last Florida Wave shirts and it "almost" fits me. Another 10 pounds into the diet should make the name stretch less across by chest.

BT

Surfers

Emerald Cadets

CMCC Warriors

St. Rita's Brassmen

Beverly Cardinals

Some of the East Coast's finest - most never even attended a DCI prelims. Remember coming in 20th at World Open and feeling good about it?? There were THAT many great corps back then!

I am so with that. If someone would have even mentioned "top 12" BITD, there probably would have been bus burnings or something. With about 100 plus (and we called them 'class A' corps!)

Who the heck would have dared. 'Course now … not so many. I invite any who wish to see some really interesting history to check out the videos (you'll also find audio, too) of some of those East coast corps. Fidelity's not great camera work even worse and I'll admit not the best days for some, but the feeling generated is what gets me. There was passion. Just go to: http://newyorkdrumcorppeople.ning.com/video

You can start there and it's easy to navigate - 'course we're all old hacks, now.

Puppet

And I remember an all-black corps from Michigan (?) who wore Bridgemen uniforms but tan, at the U.S. Open in I think '83, and they just kicked all sorts of you-know-what. I came away that night thinking they were my favorites.

That would be the Memorial Lancers from St. Louis. Below is a pic from that year:

ed_1_-585x268.png

One in color:

memorial lancers drumline

Colts toured with them briefly in '83.

That would be the Memorial Lancers from St. Louis. Below is a pic from that year:

ed_1_-585x268.png

One in color:

memorial lancers drumline

Colts toured with them briefly in '83.

That's them. Too cool. Real good corps. Thanks.