Favorite Non Top 12 corps

Thanks for the mention of Wausau Story! We tried hard but never got higher than '76 class A champs and 24th place open class. I learned a lot from that corps! Too bad we folded in '79....who knows what could have happened.

I would have to say...

Polish Falcon Cadets

Squires

Avant Garde

Greece cadets

Precisionaires

Charioteers

Toronto Optimists

Wausau Story (corrected spelling)

Les Eclipse

Couple of Canadian Corps-

1981 Chatelaines. My fave allgirls.

The headgear. The chairs. The attitudes. And hearing them, pre-show, sing their corps song Jupiter in French.

It just doesn't get any better.

I have to say 1995 Delta Brigade was a fun show from that corps. They had some tough years prior to that and folded not long afterwards. 1995 Pioneer, 1982 Suncoast Sound, 1997 Tarheel Sun, and I agree with the mention of 1987 Florida Wave.

Geez, no love for the Conquistadors? :tongue::thumbup:

Kinda makes ya feel like Rodney Dangerfield doesn't it. "No respect at all . . ."

OK, I know that this makes me sound like a "Homer", but top on my list is the Catholic Daughters of America from Butler Pa. I had huge crushes on many of their members as a young boy. There just something about all girl corps that fascinates me. Maybe the skirts, black boots, whatever, I don't know.

Next would be the General Butler Vagabonds. I think this corps never got it's due. We had some amazing talent over the years. Back in the late 70's, we had a lot of I&E winners. Last I checked, we had the only 4 time champ, Pat Cavanaugh on french horn. They would bring out the I&E winners at finals, people thought the GBV guys were from Garfield.

Of course the Knights, but Illiana Lancers cranked it all the time. They were sweet to watch.

Argonauts in 85...said it before, blah blah...they were clean as cake.

Seattle Imperials were always a treat to watch.

I saw the Memorial Lancers at Whitewater in 82, and their drumline was indeed the shiznit.

I wish I could have seen Wausau Story, Offensive Lions, and Precisionnaires in their day.

OK, I know that this makes me sound like a "Homer", but top on my list is the Catholic Daughters of America from Butler Pa. I had huge crushes on many of their members as a young boy. There just something about all girl corps that fascinates me. Maybe the skirts, black boots, whatever, I don't know.

Next would be the General Butler Vagabonds. I think this corps never got it's due. We had some amazing talent over the years. Back in the late 70's, we had a lot of I&E winners. Last I checked, we had the only 4 time champ, Pat Cavanaugh on french horn. They would bring out the I&E winners at finals, people thought the GBV guys were from Garfield.

I remember seeing them at their home show back in 85 and the Vagabonds looked a little small. When was their peek? Curious because I keep hearing about how good they were on this forum all the time. :tongue:

GBV did well in the early 70's

I remember seeing them at their home show back in 85 and the Vagabonds looked a little small. When was their peek? Curious because I keep hearing about how good they were on this forum all the time. :tongue:

From the gone but, well forgotten by most folks (sadly) - San Jose Raiders, L'Insolite, Rockland Defenders.

From the "When I win the lottery I'm gonna write whatever size check it'll take for them to have the best of everything, including a full corps" list, MANDARINS ! Can't say I've ever NOT liked 'em :tongue: .

And a couple pages back, someone mentioned the Memorial Lancers - Anyone remember the Crimson Cadets from Nebraska from about the same era? What a kick in the patoot THEY were - All Jethro Tull show one year in the early 80's!

I'm with Tonysop. Florida Wave. I must have one of the last Florida Wave shirts and it "almost" fits me. Another 10 pounds into the diet should make the name stretch less across by chest.

BT

Thanks for the "shout out'! 1987 Wave was a fun year. We were top 12 musically, but couldn't touch SkyRyders in GE or Guard with their West Side Story show. The funny thing is that the two guard members in SkyRyders that played Tony and Maria were both ex-Wave members.....

Doh! :tongue:

That was a very good hornline. It was taught by Jerry Noonan, the great North Star soprano soloist.

Jerry Noonan never taught Florida Wave. Dean Musson ran the horn line, but our arranger that year who also worked with us quite a bit was Jerry Kelsey. Is that who you meant?