Blue Knights announce 2008 program

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so......can they just do a batman show and get it over with......or have they done that already?

I kinda thought they were when i saw the title in 06, but i was mistaken.

Freelancer did a Batman show in 1990 ( Well, it had a lot of Batman in the show )

I am really excited to see this show. It is the 50th anniversary of BK and I have two of my former HS students marching in the mello line. I always get a chuckle however out of all the bad mouthing that occurs before people have seen or heard the BK shows. I liken it it to the same disrespect the San Antonio Spurs get year in and year out. They, (Spurs) may not be the flashiest team, but they always get the highest level out of all their players and put together a product that everyone can see does extremely well. Is this not the very definition of the Blue Knights? Ok, so if your mind set is that you're going to label BK the "popcorn" corps of your season and you're not going to want to see it, then don't whine and complain when they are kicking your favorite corps tail. I just laugh when I see comments like, Whitacre is so overdone! I mean if Phantom or Cadets does Whitacre music, it is genius!! Come on folks give me a break. You're entitled to your opinions however one track minded they are, but the rest of us are going to watch and enjoy what promises to be another amazing BK show and drum corps season for all. Good luck Blue Knights, go "Reign" on all the nay sayers parades!!! Get Evil Baby!!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

I am really excited to see this show. It is the 50th anniversary of BK and I have two of my former HS students marching in the mello line. I always get a chuckle however out of all the bad mouthing that occurs before people have seen or heard the BK shows. I liken it it to the same disrespect the San Antonio Spurs get year in and year out. They, (Spurs) may not be the flashiest team, but they always get the highest level out of all their players and put together a product that everyone can see does extremely well. Is this not the very definition of the Blue Knights? Ok, so if your mind set is that you're going to label BK the "popcorn" corps of your season and you're not going to want to see it, then don't whine and complain when they are kicking your favorite corps tail. I just laugh when I see comments like, Whitacre is so overdone! I mean if Phantom or Cadets does Whitacre music, it is genius!! Come on folks give me a break. You're entitled to your opinions however one track minded they are, but the rest of us are going to watch and enjoy what promises to be another amazing BK show and drum corps season for all. Good luck Blue Knights, go "Reign" on all the nay sayers parades!!! Get Evil Baby!!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

I hear ya. No corps has ever done Cloudburst by Whitacre. Ever. Yet people are so quick to point out that it's overdone. :whip:

Edited by Hrothgar15

It will be interesting to see what section of Cloudburst they use.

It would be cool to have the clapping hands color added to the sound texture.

I wonder if the audience will get into the whole finger-snapping thing. When I played it in college, the audience did and it was a really cool moment. 20,000 finger snappers at finals?

Night Train

That is correct.

From a well-placed source, I hear that the show will be a tribute to former NFL great Dick "Night Train" Lane.

The program will incorporate tunes heard through the years on the NFL Films series, and will feature narration by a John Facenda sound-alike.

:thumbdown::angry::angry::cool:

Fran

People keep saying "Eris Whitacre is overdone" WTF?!?!?!? :thumbdown: