BOSTON 2000

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was clearly the fans "favorite" from that year......

That show represents the spirit of BAC.....strong and aggressive.....with a gorgeous ballad that instantly became a classic in the marching music world.

PS

I am glad they edged out BK to make the PBS broadcast......sorry BK.....

This show was by no means that fan favorite that year. Ok, I'll admit I wasn't there, and BAC was awesome that year, but between We Are the Future and Niagara Falls, I really don't see Red being the fan favorite.

Also, I personally felt BAC edged out BK based on show design....BK's show was performed better, but was definitely not as crowd friendly. Either way though, 2000 is in my top two seasons to show people as their DCI introduction (the other is 2003).

I WAS there and it certainly WAS the show that got the most intense crowd response that night. (It also won the Spirit of Disney Award that year which I believe takes into account that sort of thing.) I'm certain Boston's first top 5 and the show location (Maryland/DC area) surely contributed to the enthusiasm the crowd had but the kids still had to bring it home. Heck, the crowd was on it's feet from the time the pit crew entered the field during the intermission between BK and the top 5 TV corps and the energy stayed strong throughout the performance. (The biggest irony is that many I've talked to believe that BAC's semis performance was even better.)

I certainly thought the Cadets show was one of the most entertaining of all time and the crowd certainly went berserk. The Cavs show was very clean per usual and kudos to them for making it to a championship tie. However, their show didn't really do much for me that evening and the crowd though receptive did not seem as over the top for them as they were for either Cadets or Boston that night, IMHO.

Edited by strutta

I WAS there and it certainly WAS the show that got the most intense crowd response that night. (It also won the Spirit of Disney Award that year which I believe takes into account that sort of thing.) I'm certain Boston's first top 5 and the show location (Maryland/DC area) surely contributed to the enthusiasm the crowd had but the kids still had to bring it home. Heck, the crowd was on it's feet from the time the pit crew entered the field during the intermission between BK and the top 5 TV corps and the energy stayed strong throughout the performance. (The biggest irony is that many I've talked to believe that BAC's semis performance was even better.)

I certainly thought the Cadets show was one of the most entertaining of all time and the crowd certainly went berserk. The Cavs show was very clean per usual and kudos to them for making it to a championship tie. However, their show didn't really do much for me that evening and the crowd though receptive did not seem as over the top for them as they were for either Cadets or Boston that night, IMHO.

There was also HUGE support for BAC in Allentown......the place went NUTS.......

This show was by no means that fan favorite that year.

We all have our favorites.......but your comment (By no means ????)

does not add up........ :big hug:

Also, I personally felt BAC edged out BK based on show design....BK's show was performed betterduction (the other is 2003).

I am afraid the judges and a real good number of fans disagree with you on this one........

Edited by Triple Forte

Agreed, Boston 00 and 03 are among my favorite shows of all time :smile:

These are my two favorite shows from this corps. I like their arrangements of Bolero (2000) and Malaguena (2003). :smile:

Edited by gbell211

Being there finals nght, right smack on the fifty, in the SCV section to be exact (Thanks Ronn), I can tell you that place went ballistic for BAC in 2000, people from all walk of life, holding allegiances to all different corps couldn't wait for BAC to perform, I saw scores of "ready for prime time" Boston shrts and, being that I go to finals every year, you become friendly with the regulars and get used to who they root for, I laughed my arse off seing PR fans, BD fans, Cadets fnas, Scout fans all wearing Boston shirts !!

The crowd ooh'd and aah'd for every little thing and yes when the the two lines merged on the fifty and then spread apart (both times) the crowd (even me, I must admit) was electrified. The crowd reaction alone gave me goosebumps.

Cadets and Cavaliers received raucous applause, but for total show enthusiasm, nobody touched AC that night.

Geoffrey

in retropsect, all joking aside, had I known then where drum corps was heading, I would have appreciated that show much more. It really was a well written, and performed piece of drum corps history with numerous wow moments, all acoustic that gave the crowd what it wanted. And the purple flags and singing was absoultely awesome !