Cadet Bear

The bear is cute and is hopefully a good choice for a mascot. But unlike homosapians, primates and some marsipials, they don't have opposable thumbs, and therefore cannot hold a microphone with only one paw. They also can't sing very well - unless they're mad at you! :smile: Did anyone come up with a name for him yet?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeease dude. The same people who are making the mild (and funny in some cases) jokes about the Cadets are the same (well most of them) people who make those negative comments about The Cadets so don't sit here and try to rationalize those situations as mere jokes.

Even so, so what? Cadets arent embarassed about it, why would a talking Cadet bear or one with a mic be so upsetting?

Jokes get old after the millionth time they are told. Making a joke about Cadets having microphones is about as creative and funny as "Why did the chicken cross the road" at this point.

66337.jpg

Oh, and the bear is adorable!

Edited by byline

The bear is cute and is hopefully a good choice for a mascot. But unlike homosapians, primates and some marsipials, they don't have opposable thumbs, and therefore cannot hold a microphone with only one paw. They also can't sing very well - unless they're mad at you! :smile: Did anyone come up with a name for him yet?

This would work - Bearly...

Believebear.jpg

Even so, so what? Cadets arent embarassed about it, why would a talking Cadet bear or one with a mic be so upsetting?

That's not the point. We hear more than enough about a lot of people's dislikes for narration, amps, mics, trumpets, etc. A lot of people on here just like to pour salt on the wound. And just because we "drones" speak up on it, doesn't make us sensitive. I can bet that if you had ever marched in a corps that received so much of the crap that Cadets receive, you'd feel the same way.

And it comes with your choice of instrument accessories; snare drum, trumpet, tuba, alto sax, mellophone, etc...

And in two or three years, you'll probably be able to introduce a woodwind line :smile:

Look what I just finished... Isn't he cute?

I think we'll call him Casey.

2198737810031186842S425x425Q85.jpg 2062364890031186842S425x425Q85.jpg 2570614070031186842S425x425Q85.jpg

Now I have to figure out how to make the hat.

....and I apologize in advance for my part in hijacking your thread...

Could all the hijackers CEASE from doing that? I would like to keep this thread about bears!

Hey, ummm got any Crown bears?

And in two or three years, you'll probably be able to introduce a woodwind line :smile:

So when did an alto sax stopped being considered a woodwind ?