Season X Discussion

The Corps of Unspecified Identity earned the win in Dallas last night, breaking a nine day gold medal drought with a score of 85.887. The corps took the title to the surprise of many, wowing the crowd with the addition of a Prepared Piano into the program.

"We put the prepared piano right on the 50 to showcase the unique nature of the instrument," said Chris Rohn, director of The Corps of Unspecified Identity. "It's an excellent use of amplification in drum corps. We've added an Interlude into the program as a transition into 4'33", which we feel began too abruptly in previous versions of the show. Above all, it should really give us a boost in percussion."

Finishing close behind were bronze medalists Revelation (3rd, 85.487), and earning the silver were Great Lakers (2nd, 85.637), who were able to maintain their momentum after a day off of competition.

"I like where the WYAA is going this season," said Bill Sakalaucks, director of Great Lakers.

Bayou Brigade (4th, 85.468) and Trumbull Golden Eagles (5th, 85.287) were both close contenders, rounding out the top five for the evening.

A special mention goes to Velour Knights (6th, 85.250), whose members were hit hard by a virus that afternoon, and still managed to put on a stellar performance. The corps will most likely rest and recover as much as possible before their scheduled performance tonight in Houston.

As for The Corps of Unspecified Identity, they definitely intend to keep up the momentum.

"We still have three weeks left in the season," said Rohn. "Anything can happen, and we intend to be as prepared as we can for our first championship trophy this season."

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, I was reading on DCI that the San Antonio show will basically have 4 GE judges, each with a 10 point spread.

Are we set up for this as far as evaluating today's shows go?

From what I understand, each of the 4 GE judges will be given 10 points to work with... so I will just add the 2 judges together for GE Music and the others for GE Visual.

Im just going to have to wait and see how DCI does it.... But I think we will be ok.

I must admit, I am pretty ecstatic with the results today.

Div 1 - The Corps of Unspecified Identity with a 0.89 lead over the closest competition.

Div 2 - Dude, Where's My Corps? with a 0.42 lead over the closest competition.

Div 3 - The Detroit City Council with a 1.17 lead over the closest competition.

Can't get much better than that. Things are looking good for tonight.

Edited by Chris Rohn

From what I understand, each of the 4 GE judges will be given 10 points to work with... so I will just add the 2 judges together for GE Music and the others for GE Visual.

Either that, or the 2 GE Music judges scores will be averaged, etc.

The impetus was that allowing two judges to control 40% of the total score wasn't fair. So now, four judges each control 10%. This 11-judge panel will also be in place in Atlanta, Allentown, and during Championships week at Bloomington. It will be re-evaluated after the season to determine if corps want this change permanently.

DCI.org Headline - 11 judge panel

Looking at the San Antonio Recap, they just took the average of the 2, which is what we will do as well.

:music: *whistles that final jeopardy thing* :thumbup:

Scores are up... had to go see The Dark Night...

I used the night scores for all that made it.