Driving To Your Corps

Driving to rehearsals/performances  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How far do you drive to get to rehearsal?

• I am not currently Marching
    • 0 - 10 miles
    • 11 - 20 miles
    • 21 - 30 miles
    • 31 - 40 miles
    • 41 - 50 miles
    • 51+ miles
  2. 2. Do you drive to perfomances? If so, what is the furthest you have to drive to a performance?

• I am not currently marching
    • 0 - 10 miles
    • 11 - 20 miles
    • 21 - 30 miles
    • 31 - 40 miles
    • 41 - 50 miles
    • 51+ miles

"The real problem is that I have to spend two nights in motels for practically every show and/or rehearsal - +/-$140 each weekend. I can't wait 'til I'm as old as Smitty so I can get the 'Double Seniors Discount.'"

Until that last paragraph, I was thinking, "There goes Andy bragging and complaining again and trying to upstage everyone!" Then I saw that last remark, which just proves you were only being your typical, lovable, smart-### self! LOL!

Hope your trip home was uneventful. Safe travels this week to Wildwood to you and all of our long-distance members. My trip is only about 3 1/2 hours this week. (Should be a great show -- if it doesn't rain!)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Philadelphia and drive the 100 miles one way to Baltimore for rehearsals. Then, 100 miles back home, in heavy traffic most times! So, 200 round trip miles for rehearsal with tolls that keep going up. We have alternate routes to avoid tolls but they add more miles and time to the commute. We figure in the extra time and use the alternate routes with gas so expensive. My brother recently purchased a van to hold all the equipment and coolers so we carpool with him and my nephew to share the cost.

Performances are usually never more than 3 hours away. Since the corps is in Maryland, they are usually traveling north for performances so we don't get the luxury of taking a bus when they have one. Performances are not usually as far mileage-wise as rehearsals. If the corps travels south, we pick up the bus in Baltimore.

I must add that the expense and traveling is worth every penny to be a part of the Yankee Rebels!!

Rehearsal for me is just a few miles away, and I can usually bum a ride with any one of the long-distance members that hang out at my house in the afternoon so they don't have to deal with rush hour. So, I pay for my ride by feeding people. *grin*

The furthest I have to go for a show (minus the bus trips to Madison, Milwaukee, and Rochester) is St. Peter... 60 miles away. I think the furthest parade will be New Ulm, but that's if we're confirmed for that one.

I guess I have it easy...

San Jose, CA to Denton, TX: Trip distance: 1657.70 miles Time: 25 hrs 2 mins

Which is why I ride my bicycle to practice. And by bicycle, I mean American Airlines Super MD-80.

Rehearsal for me is just a few miles away, and I can usually bum a ride with any one of the long-distance members that hang out at my house in the afternoon so they don't have to deal with rush hour. So, I pay for my ride by feeding people. *grin*

The furthest I have to go for a show (minus the bus trips to Madison, Milwaukee, and Rochester) is St. Peter... 60 miles away. I think the furthest parade will be New Ulm, but that's if we're confirmed for that one.

I guess I have it easy...

I'm in about the same boat as you. Camp is usually under half an hour away. The only show I'm driving to is our home show.

San Jose, CA to Denton, TX: Trip distance: 1657.70 miles Time: 25 hrs 2 mins

Which is why I ride my bicycle to practice. And by bicycle, I mean American Airlines Super MD-80.

Milwaukee to Newark, 869 miles.

Newark to Bayonne, 11 miles.

Miles are listed one way.

145 miles each way - 3 times a month with one motel stay. (290 miles)

My wife goes 155 x 2 on Sat, then home to give our kitty his insulin shots and then comes back on Sunday. So that's double for her and way too much gas because we could have car-pooled.

We live south of Baltimore and it is a 25 mile hike plus tunnel fee of 2.00 each way. We ususally drive to all of the corps performances and they are varied. The longest ones the corps gets a bus. When shows are in the Pa, NJ area we have family and friends to stay with. This weekend we will be making the commute to the Baltimore area Saturday and Sunday. Our Toyota 4 runner get 23 mile to the gallon on highway and about 18-19 on regular roads. The gas prices are crazy. Everybody is feeling the crunch.

Edited by beagus

46 miles from my house to rehearsal

Trip to Austin was 220? or so one way, and the trip to Houston is a bit further.

I am driving one of the vans to the MN weekend of shows, don't know how many miles that is off hand, but it;s at least a 15 hour drive