Cadets Volunteer -- Day 4 Part 1

You know you have left spring training when you go from sleeping on comfortable beds to a gymnasium floor. The familiar sound of air mattresses being filled has replaced the shutting of room doors. The plus side of leaving camp is that Chambersburg HS has a spectaclar astro-turf field with good height. I'm sure the Cadets will take full advantage of this practice site while here. As for the corps, the dot books were out which means adjustments or changes to the drill are part of today's rehearsal. I'm one who really doesn't like to compare from one year to the next; but these group of kids seemed determined, especially the colorguard, to make this year one to remember. I remember this time last year and there were far more injuries -- which means the kids really worked hard on their conditioning. Ok...I've got to get back to helping out in the kitchen. It is non-stop feeding these kids and believe me they do eat everything. My favorite; PB&J.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...with all due respect...

when you volunteer to help out a corps, any corps... IT IS NOT TO BE A REPORTER FOR DCP.

you will be more appreciated if you put 100% of your time into actually helping out the corps.

when you volunteer to help out a corps, any corps... IT IS NOT TO BE A REPORTER FOR DCP.

you will be more appreciated if you put 100% of your time into actually helping out the corps.

Wow - What a completely inappropriate comment. :tongue: This person is donating personal time to the corps - taking 2 minutes to post on DCP is nothing. :troll food:

Oh leave him alone! Is he hurting anyone? NO! Go back to your cave.

Interesting to me as I never volunteered for a Junior corps but did some behind the scenes stuff for a Senior. Also talked to some of the Cadets/Crossmen volunteers a few years ago at Gettysburg and they do get a few minutes of free time.

Who knows maybe this will help the activity in the long run and get more people to volunteer.

PS - Chambersburg HS field. :tongue: Closest All Age show I have this year.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Wow...that's uncalled for. Ridiculous comment.

Yes, what is this guy thinking taking two minutes to write a paragraph? He should be working every minute of day even when there is no work to be done. The next time I see a volunteer relaxing once a meal is ready or everything's taken care of, I'll make sure I call them out for it.