2008 Standings

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was online Sat night as scores were coming in from everywhere.

DCI did not publish scores from AL on its website Saturday night or Sunday morning.All score posted on this website came from word of mouth and eventually from the Michael Del Corso website.

The Jacksonville show was Sunday night.

Hey Ed,

They were posted on DCI's website on Monday when I got home. They have since been removed.

I second this. I saw them yesterday. Even saw that CV & MCL had scores, but Alliance was in EXH. Now, it shows CV & MCL with 0's.

To quote Smoothie...........Scores....Schmores!! All I know is we had the best performance all year on Sunday night and the crowd was on their feet. You could feel the energy on the field and we all had a blast doing what we do.

We're gonna do it again for DCI this Friday night in McKenzie, TN and then on Saturday for DCA at Music City Metal II. The only scores I'm gonna pay attention to are the ones we get on Saturday night, but I plan on entertaining the crowd on BOTH nights!! :thumbup::thumbup:

The Jacksonville show was Sunday night.

I should have said Sunday Night and Monday morning in the WEEEE AM hours the scores were not on the DCI website.

I did not pay any attention to the DCI board after I went to bed early Mon AM so they were probably there then taken down for whatever reason.

Sorry for the bad intel.

The Perkins in Racine is simply awful. The worst I have ever been to.

You can't get waited on and it takes forever to get your order.

If they hate you, believe me, it's no loss.

The fact that I can't even picture where Perkins is in Racine tells me something. Because I would normally love Perkins.

Denny's is always the one that gets me. I've been in a few where it took an hour and a half just to get the initial drinks (water). I think I'll order the crackers as I probably wont get a refill to finish my meal on. Thanks anyway. Although the Denny's in Syracuse had good breakfast service. A little too good. Another root beer there Big Boy, said Andrew...

The Brat Stop in/near Racine is pretty good. As long as you don't order a Brat.

As far as score jumps, I switched from Marching French Horn to Mello in '05 and my corps score jumped 8 points between those shows. I just can't win....

Our brass score from the VA show 3 weeks earlier was a 77. The score from the Jacksonville show was a 48.

I also find it interesting that now that recaps are up on the DCI website that the "All-Age" corps scores have been deleted. Methinks DCI thinks something is amiss also. I'm just sayin'...... :thumbup:

Also on DCA sheets Total Brass is 400 not 40.

400 or 40, same thing- divide by 10.

But this is still confusing. If you got a 77 then a 48, you must be talking about a subcaption for one judge. He has 2, each worth 100. Saying a 30 point tank sounds a bit much, but now I get what you're saying.

It's really a 2.9 point tank as far as overall score, or if you really want to get specific, it's really 2.9*3/8 = 1.0875 of a tanking because of the averaging.

Significant, yes, but not all that huge; were you tanked elsewhere? What was that judges other subcaption score? Was it out of line as well? I assume not since you didn't mention it, but just wondering.